DFS Sofa - multiple repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased sofa from DFS, November 2011. After a couple of months, the springs on 2 seater sofa broke, They have been repaired three times, and have now broke again. The man who repaired it said that the springs were too long and shortened them. But they have still broke again. Also he had to add more fibre to sofa as the wood was was not covered and had a sharp edge, my son kept bruising his legs on it. There is random staples sticking out. The manager is visting next week and hopefully this can be resolved. How many times should they repair a sofa that is clearly faulty.

Hi sashaxxc

Welcome to CAG

Clearly they should resolve the matter once and for all, repairing multiple times is unacceptable. It might be an idea to take some pictures, send them with the letter.

Then write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (purchased sofa, springs broke) how they have let you down (repaired 3 times - give dates, no solution to date, another repair - totally unacceptable) and what you want them to do (replace / refund).

Send it to :-

Mr Ian Filby

Chief Executive

DFS

[email protected]

How did you pay for it?

Hi there,

purchased sofa on interest free credit, still paying for it. Will contact address you gave. Not holding out much hope for next week when manager is coming out to look at it.

Thankyou for the advice

Hello there,

Well service manager called to day inspected the sofa, and said he would have to order and replace the springs, and piece of wood. And it could take six weeks until it is repaired. So now we have to sit on a broken sofa over christmas. Showed him the sharp edges on other sofa, which is exposed because of lack of filling, and the staples of screws you can feel through the fabric on the arms, and hes says its normal. The sofa is 2 years 11 months old. He says it is normal and is not covered as warranty runs out after 2 years.

I feel so fobbed off the springs have been an ongoing issue from when it was a few months old. Do i have any rights?