Can charges over 6 years be claimed?

Dot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a Barclaycard account which was closed about 8 years ago. There were quite a few charges on it. Just wondering if I can still claim. Has there been a similar case on CAG?

If so, can some one direct me? Any success threads on similar case?

Thanks

Dot

If you have proof of the charges, you can start to reclaim them.

Thanks havinastella,

I have some of the statements, actually most of them. I will give it a go.

Thanks

Dot

go read Shelley's threads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you cant find them

shout.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dot,

Moving this into the BC forum for you.

Your biggest problem would have been if you had no statements because BC will only supply them going back 6 years from the date of your SAR. However, as you say you have most of the statements this is good news.

Next is to use a compound interest spreadsheet to enter all the charges data using 24.9%.

Follow the example set in other WON threads and, if you get stuck and can't find what you need, we'll help as best we can. Most WON and (probably) WON threads are here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Some more recently WON threads may still be in the BC forum.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Dot,

Moving this into the BC forum for you.

Your biggest problem would have been if you had no statements because BC will only supply them going back 6 years from the date of your SAR. However, as you say you have most of the statements this is good news.

Next is to use a compound interest spreadsheet to enter all the charges data using 24.9%.

Follow the example set in other WON threads and, if you get stuck and can't find what you need, we'll help as best we can. Most WON and (probably) WON threads are here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Some more recently WON threads may still be in the BC forum.

Hi slick,

Thanks for moving it to the right forum. Sorry, I thought I had posted in in the right place.

I will try and use what I have got which dates back to 2004. The account was opened in 2001 but I am not sure if they will be willing to provide me with the rest of the statements since the account was closed about 8 yrs or so.

I will go through those threads before I start.

Thanks

Dot

Hi Dot,

In deciding whether it's worth pressing hard for older data, between opening in 2001 and the data you have for 2004 onwards, do you think you may have incurred penalty chgs rarely, often or all the time.

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

WHen I did my SAR to BC this year they provided transaction lists (and then later statements) going right back to 2002 and on microfilm.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Dot,

In deciding whether it's worth pressing hard for older data, between opening in 2001 and the data you have for 2004 onwards, do you think you may have incurred penalty chgs rarely, often or all the time.

Well, 2001-2002 things were OK. I think there were a few charges but a lot happened in 2003. From late 2004 to late 2005 there were about 10 late payment charges and 10 over the limit. This is based on the SAR they provided in 2011. I think the majority will be within the missing period. May be I send another SAR. Not sure if this time they will give me more. will give it a go.

WHen I did my SAR to BC this year they provided transaction lists (and then later statements) going right back to 2002 and on microfilm.

Thanks SS,

I will send another SAR since the information I have relates to 2011 SAR. Maybe I will get more information this time.

Dot