Total Parking Solutions - Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice please:

My friend went to B&Q yesterday,

parked and went next door to use cashpoint returning to B&Q to make a purchase.

When he returned to his car less than 50 minutes in total he had recd a Parking Charge Notice from TPS.

It was only then he noticed a guy in the car park photographing cars.

On the PCN they have ticked the box "The driver was observed leaving site whilst vehicle remained parked on the premises".

I've been down and had a look at signage and it clearly says that you must not leave the site whilst car is parked.

Is there any defence he can use not to pay the £90 / £50 charge.

Can we ask for proof that they saw him leave the car park and if htey provide photos are they allowed to photograph you without your permission;

or can we use the argument that the charge is unreasonable for the potential breach.

Any help would be very much appreciated of how we proceed

- we haven't done anything yet and my friend has a heart condition and this has really caused him so much anxiety

Thank you so much

Hi and welcome to CAG

this is a private parking ticket so there will be no major problems with not paying it so long as you follow the rules.

As this was a window ticket you need to wait for the notice to keeper to arrive. This should happen around 29+ days after the ticket was stuck. This is so that the keeper does not identify the driver as there is no obligation to do so.

Then an appeal is sent to TPS who will in all likelihood reject you anyway. Why would they allow an appeal when it costs them money?

Once they reject your appeal, you can then go to the 'independant' appeals service and this is where you go into greater detail for the appeal. This will cost TPS more money and you, the price of the stamps.

This is (in my opinion) an unenforceable penalty and the only way they can try and get pennies from you is to take court action.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice please:

My friend went to B&Q yesterday, parked and went next door to use cashpoint returning to B&Q to make a purchase. When he returned to his car less than 50 minutes in total he had recd a Parking Charge Notice from TPS. It was only then he noticed a guy in the car park photographing cars. On the PCN they have ticked the box "The driver was observed leaving site whilst vehicle remained parked on the premises". I've been down and had a look at signage and it clearly says that you must not leave the site whilst car is parked.

Is there any defence he can use not to pay the £90 / £50 charge. Can we ask for proof that they saw him leave the car park and if htey provide photos are they allowed to photograph you without your permission; or can we use the argument that the charge is unreasonable for the potential breach. Any help would be very much appreciated of how we proceed - we haven't done anything yet and my friend has a heart condition and this has really caused him so much anxiety Thank you so much

Is your friend the Registered Keeper of the vehicle?

If so then as above, wait for the Notice to Keeper in the post and update the thread with what and when they receive anything.

' observed leaving the site ' means that they have not mitigated their losses when they had the chance.

You say you have looked at the signage but only quoted one line. What does the rest say? Post up a photo of the sign.

the reason given for the demand is poppycock, VCS v Ibbotson sees off that claim. Wait for the NTK and then appeal by quoting that case and saying that if they dont accept the law of the land then supply an appeal code for the independent body. Dont go into any detail, just say 'no breach causing loss as per VCS v Ibbotson'

I wish people would stop using the word PENALTY in relation to PRIVATE PARKING SPECULATIVE INVOICES.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...