Broadband Contract and T&C's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, After a little bit of advice really.

We have had our broadband provided by the same company for the last 18 months and our contract has just come up for renewal, they have sent us a letter saying we HAVE to be in contract with them otherwise if we go onto the rolling monthly contract we are liable for a £65 fee in the case of any call outs.

Before we sign any new contract I just wanted to get some feedback.

1, Can they charge us again for installation (not a small amount but £833+vat)?

In the pack they have sent us they have got the set up fee as being payable again for router, connectivity and installation (this is already still installed and working and was paid for by the Welsh government last year).

2, They state in the T&C's summary that "4.7. if you move address within Wales and request it, we will try to relocate your equipment to allow you to continue to receive your subscribed services, If relocation is impossible and you are still within your contract term you shall still be required to make any appropriate payments, even if you are not receiving the services"

Is this a fair term and standard or is it one of what the OFT call a "disguised penalty" If relocation is impossible and you are still within your contract term you shall still be required to make any appropriate payments, even if you are not receiving the services

The terms above are a bit worrying as we live in rented accommodation and as such cannot guarantee that we will still be living here in 12 months or more, more to the point if we do have to move, there is no saying it is going to be within the broadband providers coverage which i believe is quite minimal.

3, It says on the terms summary that we need to read the full terms on the website, however on the website the terms and conditions are just a smaller summary of what we have got with us.

If the terms are not on the website, would the summary be just as binding?

As you have probably worked out we live in a village in a rural part of Wales and cannot get traditional broadband so it is done wirelesly as a result we are not fortunate enough to change supplier so I just want to make sure they do not try and stitch us up, I have messaged the provider for clarification on the points raised above but am waiting for a response.