Global debt Recovery

mrebay10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. New to the site so hope I have posted in the correct section.

I first got a letter from a company called "Absolute Locate" on 3rd Oct asking for my assistance in verifying some information on behalf of a client I immediately knew this sounded dodgy so did a bit of research and discovered they are a company called "Global debt recovery ltd" so I ignored the letter.. Surprise a few weeks later, 27th Oct, I get a letter from global saying I owe some money..

Client: FV-1 ... Saying they have been appointed agents to collect the above debt which is now due in full.... Who the hell are FV-1 ??

I ignored this letter also but got another today dated 10th Nov 14 saying I Must telephone them immediately to discuss repayment of the debt....

I am not sure what this debt is and as there is no way of knowing who the "Client" is I can not be certain where this comes from.. In the past, I have had no debt issues for over 12yrs since I got my act together, I did have debts but was sure id paid them off but cannot be absolutely certain......

Could someone please help, I have checked my credit files, all 3 agencies, No CCj's, Outstanding debts of any sort, nothing!!

Should I send them the statue barred letter? (As I am not certain it isn't something I may have owed over 12 years ago)

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want this to effect either mine or my partners credit worthiness...

Thank you.

they are all the same 'group'

prob an old sb'd debt

pers I'd ignore them

till you know which debt it might be

they are NOT BAILIFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and it cant hurt your file either

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore it. Completely.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. Firstly thanks for the replies..

I received another letter yesterday, these people are persistent, This time stating...

(We are today instructed to recover the above debt from you.. We are unaware of any reason why you have withheld payment.. Contact us immediately to discuss repayment or your credit rating may be affected in an adverse manner)

I really don't know what to do?

When this all started I phoned an advice service and they gave me a template letter for a "Statute barred debt"

and told me to send it off,

any further advice would really be appreciated...

Thanks.

I know what to do. Just ignore them. They're still phishing. The latest letter is a cleverly disguised phishing attempt which actually breaches their guidance on debt collection.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

bet that cost a packet!

don't waste money on debt advise lines

they are just as big a fleecer as these DCA

many are run by them

IGNORE!

and they

its gone off your file years ago

never to return

dx

and they

I think I would want to know full details of the alleged debt before deciding how to handle this matter. You should know date, company, original debt, additional charges and original communications from the company. To deny a debt when you are not sure is not the best idea.

You always deny a debt unless the company can prove it is yours.

The whole reason they send vague letters is to get you to bite and start correspondence. They then say and do anything to get you to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.. I took the advice offered and have ignored the letters sent to me but am now wondering if that was the right thing to do as I have received a letter today stating....

You have failed to respond to all reasonable requests for payment. Where our efforts to collect a debt fail we use the services of:

GM Law Solicitors

66-70 Coombe Road

New Malden

Surrey

KT3 4QW

Settle this debt within 10 days to avoid further collection activity.

Contact us on 0208 336 7281 Should you need to discuss your situation..

THIS IS YOUR FINAL OPPORTUNITY...

I am at a loss what to do only I don't want bed marks etc against my credit file and don't know what the next best step is.... Ignoring the requests doesn't seem to be helping but am not sure what else I can do, all I know is I don't want debt collection agencies calling at my home or charging me extra fees etc.....

next bloke same office in a diff coloured skirt

ignore them.

a DCA CANNOT add anything

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS AND ARE POWERLESS.

the debt has gone off your file

it CANNOT return.

dx

and they

"Contact us on 0208 336 7281 Should you need to discuss your situation.."

As all unsecured debts are statute barred and im sure you would remember any secured mortgage debts, there is no NEED to talk to them at all.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.