style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer some help regarding a visit from HCEO yesterday evening.

I have an unpaid water rates bill for £1214, then received a notice from the courts (without any warning from water company that it was going court) that a HCEO would be attending my property.

They came last night when I was out and left a letter with my mother saying they want £1214 plus 8% interest and £932.14 enforcement stage fee. My mother's car was on my drive and as she had no proof with her that the car was hers they have listed this is goods taken into control.

I have every intention of paying this debt (but not the fees) and am returning to work in a couple of weeks. I can offer them £50 per week to clear this debt but will definitely not be letting them into my home!

Any advice as to my next actions would be appreciated. Should I contact the water company, What will happen if I deny HCEO entry but pay weekly direct to water company? Will they eventually give up and pass the debt back to water company?

932 for a fee?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Fees on a writ

£75 initial letter

£190 1st enforcement stage

£495 2nd enf stage

£525 removal

£932.14 doesnt add up!

If vehicle is taken into control it must of either been removed or clamped. If neither it hasnt been taken control of UNLESS your mother signed a controlled goods agreement on your behalf.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Were you aware you owed this much in water rates?

What letters have had from the Water Co prior to this?

Did you receive a claim form from the Court?

If so did you acknowledge it?

Did you know about the Court Hearing?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was aware that I owed the water rates but received no paperwork other than my annual water bill. I received nothing from the court until 2 weeks ago when they informed me that the HCEO would be attending my property. I did not know about a court hearing.

In the first instance you should have responded to the Notice of Enforcement as you may have been able to resolve the matter with just the £75 compliance stage fee added.

If what you have detailed is as it happened then I would argue that only the compliance stage fee and enforcement stage one should be added. If the debt is £1214 the fees would be approx £318.00.

Which company has visited you?

I contacted the court as soon as I received the Notice of Enforcement and was told that the only way to stop the HCEO attending my property was to pay in full within 7 days which I could not afford to do. I asked if I should go back to the water company and make an arrangement with them but was told it was now out of the water company's hands. I will the fees which are legal but £932.14 is madness.

When you say the court, do you mean that company that sent the Notice?

As I said earlier it would appear that some fees have been added incorrectly but the compliance and enforcement stage one are correct.

You can challenge the fees so ask the HCEO to provide a breakdown and why each fee was charged.

Look into applying for a stay of execution and a payment arrangement via the High court. National Debtline can advise on what forms you need to complete and may even know where your nearest high court is. Give them a phone call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The water company won't have it because they would be liable for an abortive fee.

Best i can tell fee wise is they have added the first stage fee on AND the sale/disposal stage as well, that along with the compliance stage fee and interest gives u roughly the figure you quoted (interest is 8% a year so depends how long its been owed for as to the figure). - obviously im summising because i haven't seen the paperwork.

To clarify did they other than a letter, leave you with a "notice after entry or taking control of goods on a highway" prescribed form?

If so just before the inventory, has "i have not taken control of any goods" been ticked?

There will be a list of charges on any and all prescribed forms as well.

The only way of taking control of a vehicle is clamping or removing, if neither has been done, they have not taken control of it.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

These fees are not correct !!!!

Which company are seeking to enforce the debt?

Working on behalf of Simon Williamson

Thank you so much for this information.

To ensure that I do not get myself into trouble.....I had better keep my thoughts to myself.

A person with too many fingers in too many pies, not all of which know what they are doing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A person with too many fingers in too many pies, not all of which know what they are doing.

I had two enquiries yesterday with the same fees (including the sale fee) and both were connected with SW. I intend bringing this to the attention of MOJ in 2 weeks time. This needs to be addressed asap.

For the information of the OP.

The Authorised HCEO - Mr Williamson - is responsible for all the actions and charges of his attending Agent. It makes me wonder whether he does actually know what is going and would urge in the first instance you make a complaint to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association http://www.hceoa.org.uk/regulatory-information/want-to-complain.html - unlike some associations I do know that complaints are taken seriously and action is taken where necessary. It wouldn't harm to send a copy to the MOJ and/or Lord Chancellor's Dept.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]