UKPC - Blythe Valley Solihull

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was wondering if some one can give me some advice on how to tackle the parking charge

I park on a car park in the blythe valley business park and was issues a permit to display in my window to avoid a charge. Unfortunately I took a different car the one without the permit and forgot about it. Later that day when i went back to the car i found a ticket asking for £60 to be paid within 28 days or it will go up to £100.

Thanks

Hi Stephen

You do not need to do anything at the moment, they will need to fork out money to get the registered keeper details from the DVLA in order to write to you. So just wait for the Notice to Keeper (NTK) to arrive in the post, normally around 28 days after the windscreen "ticket" (NTD) arrives. Once you have that, you will need to make a written challenge as the vehicle keeper to UKPC.

All your challenge needs to say is that the driver is in possession of a valid parking permit for the premises concerned and is entitled to park there, therefore no breach of contract has occured and no losses have been suffered. Make it clear that if they reject your appeal, then you require them to provide you with a POPLA code to allow you to take the matter further. Generating the POPLA code costs them even more money, so a lot of parking companies are now folding before this stage if they are faced with a well worded challenge, since it's easier for them to just cut their losses and pursue the easier cases.

If they've got any sense they'll drop the matter before it gets to POPLA. If not, we'll help you with a POPLA appeal when the time comes.

Cheers

CD

Ok, so you paid to park there or had a permit issued to you by someone else? If the latter then it is nothing to do with UKPC as it is a contractual matter between the permit issuer and the landlord or occupier. They wont like this argument but the reality is that they cant pursue you for anything as thy have no rights to.

I agree that you should wait for the NTK through the post and then tell us when it was received as there is a chance they wont get that right either and you can then clobber them twice over