No Claims Bonus

Chipper64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it right that an insurance company can reduce your bonus entitlement if a claim is not followed through?

You need to speak to your Insurers. They normally only reduce NCD if they have paid out for a claim or they are expecting to pay out i.e the claim is pending.

Perhaps the claims record needs to be checked to see what has happened and if the Insurers are not going to be paying anything out for a claim event, they can reinstate any NCD.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello there.

I think you need to tell us more about what happened to you, unless you have another thread about this.

The car bumped into the vehicle in front whist in a very slow moving traffic jam. Minimal.damage but 3rd party initally made noises about personal injury. A police presence possibly made them drop that claim so no claim was pursued. However our insurance company had beeen alerted that a claim could be coming in. That never happened and we're now 4 months down the line. Fact is that a claim has been registered but amounted to nothing.

The car bumped into the vehicle in front whist in a very slow moving traffic jam. Minimal.damage but 3rd party initally made noises about personal injury. A police presence possibly made them drop that claim so no claim was pursued. However our insurance company had beeen alerted that a claim could be coming in. That never happened and we're now 4 months down the line. Fact is that a claim has been registered but amounted to nothing.

Third parties have 3 years in which to make a personal injury claim. You may be left waiting with a reduced NCD, while the Insurers find out whether they will pursue a claim. You need to speak to your Insurers about the process they follow. How long do they allow the third party to confirm whether they will pursue a claim ? What happens if the third party does not respond ? Will they reinstate NCD if the third party does not respond ?

Questions for your Insurers claims department. It is up to the claims department to administer the claims record and the underwriting/customer services department wait for the claims dept to advise them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You need to speak to your Insurers. They normally only reduce NCD if they have paid out for a claim or they are expecting to pay out i.e the claim is pending.

Perhaps the claims record needs to be checked to see what has happened and if the Insurers are not going to be paying anything out for a claim event, they can reinstate any NCD.

We have been in touch with our insurers about a 2nd incident (completely separate) and they made reference to the 1st 'non-claim'. I really feel as though this is unfair and that the loss of the claim bonus could have a big impact on future premiums.

We have been in touch with our insurers about a 2nd incident (completely separate) and they made reference to the 1st 'non-claim'. I really feel as though this is unfair and that the loss of the claim bonus could have a big impact on future premiums.

As always, as a customer, if you believe that you are being treated unfairly, you need to write a complaint to the Insurers. The complaints procedure will be noted in your policy documents.

Can't think of anything to add that would help further. It is up to your Insurers to explain the situation fully and a written complaint may be the way forward.

• 1 month later...

Also bear in mind that any thrid party injury claim can be made up an till the injured parties 18th birthday

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.