• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Attachment of Earnings - can a Bailiff do this & if so what about his fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As an aside in reference ot BAs other comments. It is a shame that these matters cannot be discussed, and the information knowledge uncovered used for the benefit of all, rather than the process being blighted by sniping and point scoring.

It would also be right and proper for a public apology to be made to me and particular given, that one of the CS's has today agreed publicly that he has indeed read that bailiff fees can indeed be charged. He is referring to an excellent publication written by a retired Barrister called Alan Murdie. A lovely person who I have met a few times over the past eight years. Until two years ago he had worked very closely with the Reverend Paul Nicolson. He is now retired.

I am still awaiting a public apology for the 'Companies House' allegation...and still waiting to see the evidence as to the poster's identity. Promised but not yet forthcoming.

The reason why this forum, LB and me in particular, come under attack from this worthless bunch of cyberstalkers is summed up very clearly today in the post made by one of them where he says as follows:

It still won't stop me advising debtors of the option to:

Fight it all the way,

Make it as hard as possible for the bailiffs to get paid

and:

Prolong the money reaching councils bank accounts.

I only hope debtors have more responsibility than this individual. If this is not deliberate FMoTL 'debt avoidance' strategy I don't know what is!!!

I don't think apologies are something they understand the meaning of I'm afraid Bailiff Advice. Nor do I think they are good at proof. For a long time they have failed to provide proof of alleged successes (save for two smaller cases). They have failed to provide proof of lots of written allegations about yourself and others. They then choose to blatantly ignore proof of other issues when it is posted up for all to see.

This really confirms to me that they are not interested in the truth, but more concerned with targeting individuals to try and push them to breaking point and beyond. This is doubly confirmed by the fact that they refuse to let anyone near their site membership in order to discuss / argue points and post the truth there, on their site, for all their readership to peruse.

Sadly, there is no reasoning with such people, as reason is not a word they understand. In fact, there is no point communicating with them, save for preserving ones own sanity and esteem, as communication is not something in which they have any interest.

It is all one-sided - their side. They control their site and they allow to be posted what they want, however vile, despicable and low they need to sink to hurt others.

Returning briefly to the issue of proof, I was made aware yesterday of one of the tormentors talking about their, 'proven record of success' or words very similar to those. I have seen no proof of any success and would ask, knowing this will be read by them, for a few examples, excluding the two minor ones mentioned, to be posted. I know, of course, they won't, for that is not the way they work. They have one rule for themselves, and one for others.

In fact, they are absolutely typical cyberstalkers.

It is interesting from the latest copy I've read they are now taking ALL the credit for Bailiff Advice finding out the truth over AOE's. Bizarrely I discovered this to be the case at a similar time to BA and I have never claimed to be a bailiff expert. It is only a case of reading the legislation as it existed and as it exists. It is really not very hard if one can read legislation.

For that site to claim any credit for this is absolutely incredible. Their ability to accept it as correct and do a U-Turn, when they've criticised others for this so often (I believe it's actually called being able to admit one does not know everything - a quality, not a failure in a person). As for their boards being made open - I look forward to joining the discussions, though possibly in a more impartial place than there.

For the record, may I make clear I discovered the truth over AOE's and enforcement costs independently, purely by reading legislation. It took about one hour. For people used to reading legislation it is really not hard.

ps Ratlabs is NOT me!

Edited by Coughdrop
Make it clear to all to avoid any confusion or trouble on this board.

Mr Murdle, now there is a last form the past,good t hear he is still about.

Anyway as said back to the subject, i for one have not had the time to pour over the regulations in this regard so I for one would appreciate the procedure where bailiffs include charges in AOE to be spelled out for me.

I will email the details to you Dodgeball. I don't believe there is any intent to mention anything publicly other than the FACT they can do so for the moment. Time is needed. It is all there in the legislation - if I forget to email you remind me!

Mr Murdle, now there is a last form the past,good t hear he is still about.

Anyway as said back to the subject, i for one have not had the time to pour over the regulations in this regard so I for one would appreciate the procedure where bailiffs include charges in AOE to be spelled out for me.

He is a very knowledgeable man. I believe that he is still the editor of the Child Poverty Action Group publication.

I only have access to my laptop until I go to work on Monday so I will leave CD to send all info over to you. A short while after being contacted by a barrister yesterday CD sent me a pm as he had researched the subject himself. I will need to read through everything to see what the position is regarding 'charging orders'. Interesting times.

PT.

It would be sensible to split both threads as in that way once further information is forthcoming I can post back with an update. I have drafted letters for both the Department for Communities Local Government and the Ministry of Justice as it is vitally important to obtain clarification on the actual amount of additional 'costs' that may be included in an Attachment of Earnings Order.

At it presently stands, the council tax regulations very clearly provide that if a bailiff attends a debtors property and for whatever reason is unable to levy upon goods (either because there are no goods or the goods are not worth enough to cover the debt and bailiff fees) then any bailiff fees incurred up to that period are added to the Attachment of Earnings Order.

It could be argued that under the old regulations the bailiffs fees would be limited at £42.50 but whether that is correct or not is open to debate. I would suspect that I am wrong on this.

Under the new regulations I fear that the actual 'costs' could indeed include the 'enforcement fee' of £235 as well as the Compliance Fee of £75. This would certainly appear to be the case, in particular given that it would not be until the bailiff actually makes a visit that he will be able to ascertain whether or not there are sufficient goods of the debtor to cover the 'amount due'.

Given that the regulations have only been in place 6 months Attachment of Earnings Orders are only just starting to come through and this query will no doubt be very significant indeed.

The reason why this forum, LB and me in particular, come under attack from this worthless bunch of cyberstalkers is summed up very clearly today in the post made by one of them where he says as follows:

It still won't stop me advising debtors of the option to:

Fight it all the way,

Make it as hard as possible for the bailiffs to get paid

and:

Prolong the money reaching councils bank accounts.

I only hope debtors have more responsibility than this individual. If this is not deliberate FMoTL 'debt avoidance' strategy I don't know what is!!!

The above was quoted elsewhere.

The above highly irresponsible comment (akin to that of a Freeman on the Land supporter) is clear enough evidence that despite what the regulations say this person will nonetheless contine advising debtors to "Fight it all the way"..."Make it as hard as possible for the bailiffs to get paid" and "Prolong the money reaching council's bank accounts".

Regular posters on here have been provided with the relevant regulations allowing for bailiff fees to be added to AOEs.

There is no point whatsoever is providing any further details on the forum regarding this matter as it will not change the person's advice to debtors in any event. The advice will continue to be misleading and irresponsible.

The Freeman on the Land cyberstalkers have used this thread for their own 'entertainment' and in so doing, have once again publicly attacked individuals. As they cannot attack the advice given to debtors it is their only 'weapon'. They have nothing else.

Accordingly, I will not be posting any further on this subject until I receive responses to my correspondence. Thank you.

It is my understanding that under the new regulations the fees incurred cannot be included under any Attachment to Earnings Order. The reason being that the enforcement power has ended, so fees cannot, therefore, be collected. Exactly is the same way fees can no longer be collected at Committal stage, as the enforcement power has ended.

Enforcement Agents can set Attachment to Earnings Orders, but being unable to collect their own fees I would have thought will not make this action common place.

Obviously if the debt is still being enforced under Schedule 5 as had a levy in place prior to 6th April, then the Enforcement Agent could collect their fees under the Attachment to Earnings Order.

Right or wrong?

It is my understanding that under the new regulations the fees incurred cannot be included under any Attachment to Earnings Order. The reason being that the enforcement power has ended, so fees cannot, therefore, be collected. Exactly is the same way fees can no longer be collected at Committal stage, as the enforcement power has ended.

That was my own thought and was the reason why I had posted the same in my initial response.

My opinion changed after being contacted by a barrister late on friday and it would seem that there is serious doubt and frankly, this issue would be an excellent one on which to debate on the forum as it has a potential huge impact for Freeman on the Land supporters seeking to 'fight it all the way" and 'prolong the money reaching councils bank accounts'.

However, mainly for the sake of others, I will not debate the subject any further on this forum and instead, will continue the debate in private off the forum.

I've started this thread to debate whether Bailiffs can actually make Attachment of Earnings/Benefits Orders, if so then we need to know what powers they are using to do so & whether or not they can include any of their fees that may have been incurred previously.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I should say in answer to the question at least, yes fees can be added to the amount of the order dependent on the stage of enforcement when the bailiff decides to do the AOE, it makes a bit of a lie of the idea that fees die when debts are returned to the council I am afraid.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have to say also that is why BA does not like sharing information on here, other sites seem to pick it up an misinterpret it before even our members do, sorry Mark you have the wrong piece of legislation keep looking.

It really is very tiresome.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have to say also that is why BA does not like sharing information on here, other sites seem to pick it up an misinterpret it before even our members do, sorry Mark you have the wrong piece of legislation keep looking.

It really is very tiresome.

It's actually rather easy, you just need to be able to read. I really don't see the problem!

I know, i found another route to the same information myself.

Not bad for a "chimp". I can see why this gets BA down, the constant bitching.

i can also see why it is frustrating for them, as no decent forum will let them post so they are not allowed to put their point, but you know really, speaking as one who knows, you only have to remain within the rules and resist the urge to insult and most forums let you talk.

Chimp LOl good one, not going to get back on here calling p[people childish names mark :)

Indeed, I know we're drifting very slightly off topic, but you and I have been involved in some prolonged discussions on this site which have lasted days, possibly weeks. Despite intense disagreement and differences of opinion, they have never been moderated, moved, or anything. The discussion between those of us having it has been allowed to run its course. That is what a forum does - discuss.

Yes and many others. I think the problem there is that they are used to arguing the FMOTL stuff, it puts them on the defensive, because most people realize it is all garbage, so naturally the only way the can argue having no rational ammunition is by making puerile comments or childish insults

I jst tried to log on there to see if I could see what they were getting at, but of course my account b=has been terminated, it is what they do when they are afraid of being asked questions they cannot answer.

Indeed, I have heard many people complain of the same issue. Like most FMOTL stuff you never actually get to see the ending where you can congratulate them on their successes and modify one's own advice accordingly. As I said above, and believe I was criticised on their site for saying, proof is not a word they understand, or truth for that matter.

Anyway, better get back to subject and await the responses to Bailiff Advice's letters. That is where she wins all the time see - she is so incredibly thorough. A true asset to CAG.

I just tried to log on there to see if I could see what they were getting at, but of course my account b=has been terminated, it is what they do when they are afraid of being asked questions they cannot answer.

Quite right. Despite them thinking otherwise....( and I would willing swear to this on oath) I have only actually posed a question on there on one occasion. Clearly the question was one that a certain individual was very concerned about and I too was promptly banned.

Yes BA and this is my last comment on the subject, otherwise we are begin to be hypocritical.

The forum in question uses its ability to restrict responses in order to slander and liable other people with impurity,

If you look on there over 80% of the content is taken up with quotes form here and other forums and character assignations of the contributors involved, the forum is supposed to be bout helping people, i see no evidence of this.

Some sincere advice to the moderating team over there, if you ever want to be taken seriously as a consumer help forum you really must allow the input of knowledgeable posters and some times even the not so knowledgeable ones, who may disagree, and more importantly you must learn to treat people with a little respect.

Like most FMOTL stuff you never actually get to see the ending where you can congratulate them on their successes and modify one's own advice accordingly. As I said above, and believe I was criticised on their site for saying, proof is not a word they understand, or truth for that matter.

Anyway, better get back to subject and await the responses to Bailiff Advice's letters. That is where she wins all the time see - she is so incredibly thorough. A true asset to CAG.

You will not see evidence because it does not exists. Instead, it exists in the imagination of one person.

Back to the subject matter.

The new regulations were implemented just six months ago. It may be that fees can be applied to Attachment of Earnings and maybe not. By far the best solution is to ask the relevant government body. I have done so and will await their response.

A point that needs mentioning here is that as most people know, I rarely ever answer a question on this forum by giving the debtor a link to statutory regulations. That is frankly a dreadful (and indeed lazy way) in which to answer a debtor's enquiry. Debtors visiting a forum are seeking an answer to a query...not a link to statutory regulations written in goobledegook and frankly misrepresented by the individual answering the query.

Before the trio of cyberstalkers take to their keyboards they should reflect on the frequent advice given to debtors that under section 17.1 of the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014 an enforcement process ceases once payment of the amount of court fine or council tax (minus bailiff fees) has been paid to the debtor. It does not. What they fail to tell debtors is what section 17.2 says......

Paragraph (1) does not apply where the enforcement power ceases to be exercisable because the debtor has paid the amount outstanding.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1/regulation/17/made

Quite right. Despite them thinking otherwise....( and I would willing swear to this on oath) I have only actually posed a question on there on one occasion. Clearly the question was one that a certain individual was very concerned about and I too was promptly banned.

As I said earlier, this subject ( and thread) is one that is best left for the moment until clarification is obtained one way or another.

For those who are interested, I would not have been allowed to pose a question on that website as my real name...or that of Bailiff Advice. Instead, I registered under the user name of Launcelot and I posted a question on the 'Marston Group Fingerprint' thread a week ago. I used a Yahoo email address (not a proxy).

In my post I provided a copy of an email that I had received from Companies House that confirmed that the person who had started that thread was a liar.

The moderator of the thread indicated that she had proof that another person (not me) had posted the question (impossible and a lie).

I was promptly banned.

Given that this matter is being dealt with elsewhere....I will not be making any further comment. Thank you.

I believe we have now gone as far as we can with this and until we can find the definitive answer will close this temporarily. Once we do have confirmation or otherwise the thread can be reopened for discussion.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks