• Tweets

• I'm still a bit confused as to what I'm sending off.   So I've filled in the N244 following dx's instructions. Box 3. I've put: "The Defendant in these proceedings respectfully requests that the Court make an order to set aside the judgment pursuant to CPR 13.2 & 3(2). The claim form was not delivered to my address. I only became aware of the judgment after I checked my credit file. I believe I have a real defence against the claim."   or should I put (as my reason): "The Claimant deliberately filed the claim to an old address in order to win a judgment by default."   I've ticked Draft Order attached as per Andy's suggestion.   Which I have:   1. The judgment be set aside pursuant to CPR 13.2 & 3(2). 2. The Claimant pays the Defendant’s costs of this application to the sum of £275. 3. The Claimant has permission to file and serve a reply if so required.   4. All enforcement be put on hold pending the outcome of the application. I thought my witness statement has all the information as to why it should be set aside, so why do I not send this with the application if there's a ticky box for it?#   Help!    
    • (1)  If you have already issued proceedings against Lloyds in respect of the duplicate payment, are they still obliged to release to you data relating to that duplicate payment(s) under a SAR, or does your legal claim give them an exemption to that request?   (2) Lloyds appear to have suggested that they would have looked further at refunding the duplicate payment if you had first attempted to recover it from the merchant - as it is the merchant who you paid twice (for whatever reason) and who wrongfully retains your payment.    To an outside observer that might appear to have been a reasonable suggestion for Lloyds to have made - yet you've rejected it out of hand and haven't even attempted to do so because you don't think the merchant would refund you?    I'm not sure whether a court would  look favourably on your refusal to follow Lloyds's suggestion.    I think your claim would have been stronger if you had followed their suggestion and they had then failed to refund the duplicate payment after you had done so - it just seems to me that you haven't exhausted all the options you had to get the money back before resorting to court.   I'm sure you'll get your money back OK as it'll be a drop in the ocean for Lloyds.    They might pay up quite quickly to get rid of you, or they might now stretch out the process as long as possible... 
    • Your Faster Fibre ceased with your house move and you was transferred to a new contract Fibre 65......what you have to find out from TT is whether Faster Fibre was a legacy plan, we think it was and whether you should have been transferred to Fibre 65 on your house move.   Only TT can answer that point and whether your initial contract should have transferred with you.    
    • Very worrying, TJ. They don't seem to want any kind of scrutiny.   Meanwhile, the latest wheeze is to withdraw passports and driving licences from 'middle class' users of type A drugs. Interesting, because Lindsay Hoyle wants to have sniffer dogs in the House - to try to counter drug use.   Commons speaker goes to police over claims of cocaine use at Westminster WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘I expect to see full and effective enforcement of the law’: Stern warning to parliament’s drug-users  
    • I was intending to go as I realise it is important.   I don’t understand either. The arrears are £1,609 and I have made all the repayments since the arrangement was made. The repayment plan includes my usual mortgage payment & roughly £60 towards the arrears every month.    Aberdein Considine have stated that because the time limit had expired to get a repayment plan in place they have been instructed by Santander to carry on with the court proceedings.
  • Our picks

Wonga not removing affected loans from credit files

Gia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend received an email that their loan was being written off as per their new lending criteria.

They received the following info in their email :

What happens next

We will automatically clear any outstanding debt you have with us and your balance will be set to zero. This will be done by the end of October 2014. You do not need to do anything.

We are working with the relevant credit reference agencies to remove records relating to this loan from your credit report. We expect this will take between three to four weeks to be completed. This will be done automatically and there is no further action required from you.

When he checked his credit file today the loan has not been removed but marked settled. This is not what their email says, it clearly say's records should be removed. Anyone else have the same problem?

A friend received an email that their loan was being written off as per their new lending criteria.

They received the following info in their email :

What happens next

We will automatically clear any outstanding debt you have with us and your balance will be set to zero. This will be done by the end of October 2014. You do not need to do anything.

We are working with the relevant credit reference agencies to remove records relating to this loan from your credit report. We expect this will take between three to four weeks to be completed. This will be done automatically and there is no further action required from you.

When he checked his credit file today the loan has not been removed but marked settled. This is not what their email says, it clearly say's records should be removed. Anyone else have the same problem?

He should write to Wonga reminding them of their obligation and copy in the FCA for information. I don't know if this has happened to others or not, but I suspect it's likely if it's happened to one ......

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

He should write to Wonga reminding them of their obligation and copy in the FCA for information. I don't know if this has happened to others or not, but I suspect it's likely if it's happened to one ......

Yes, he is doing that. One credit file even shows it as still defaulted.