Dispute With Vodafone . Now early termination fees and DCA Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been with vodafone as a Customer for about 20 years, with the same number I will add, in the last few years the customer service was diabolicical, i choose not to pay via DD as vodafone prevoiusly cannot be trusted to take the money when they should, and thus is used to pay by their portal throughout most of 2012 & 2013 this portal never ever worked it was offline or had an error, the telphone payment service was too painful to use , having teh money to pay the bil was never an issue getting them the money was!

main isuse was back in july after a text mesage for vodafone threating to suspend my account due to none payment, at this time teh account was set up on a direct debit for about 6 months, any way i rang teh foriegn helples desk person ad vodafone and she told me after taking bank detail all wil be ok i stipulated and im stil waiting for vodafone to provide this recording that vodafone was advised if my service was disrupted again i would cease to be a customer dure to breach of contract which was accepted by teh vodafone agent, any way 2 days later my phone service ceased.

after a very heated converstaion and taking about 20 mins just to get through to teh right person i was descied that i was going to leave vodafone and vodafone was going to let me leave, they also promised to send me a copy of teh contract which im stil waiting for, ther are also other issues to do with canceled insurance, wrong insurance which i can idd but wont add teh details here.

In short as adised by one of teh Vodafone representaives as was advised this is best course. I wanted to leave Vodafone amicably without any extra cost, but now Freds are involved and added 15% to account

Z

Voda ref #8490120

There is a very good Vodafone rep on here (Lee) who will sort this out for you.

He will pick this up in good time.

Freds can't do anything, least of all add their punitive fees to the account.

Keep everything in writing/email, do not discuss this over the phone with them UNLESS you are able to record your calls?

Ignore freds for the time being, Voda will take this back and deal with it, not this tin pot powerless DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

had my conversation with Lee, have agreed a figure to settle including to clear credit record of bad markers and to be out of contract on both phones, but accounts needed to be reactiveated with me being at liberty to terminate accounts with 30 days notice.

I have upheld my part and paid, vodafone have yet to reactivate accounts.

Come on vodaphone its been nearly a week now

Well that is certainly better news, and for them to clear your CRF of adverse data is IMO a brucy bonus!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Agree, if you don't like their ''service'' vote with your feet and go elsewhere.

Is there not a store local to you that you can go in and cancel? Use their phone to wait on hold?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after much emailing between me and Lee my credit record has still not been corrected, i will have to resort to litigation to have this corrected, case law might be Halliday v Creation Consumer Finance Ltd [2013] All ER (D) 199 (Mar) for the claim of damages..

am i right in thinking this might be relevant "(Durkin v DSG & HFC) stating that it wasn't necessary to prove specific losses as HSBC had agreed that a default shouldn't be on his credit file". https://www.supremecourt.uk/decided-cases/docs/UKSC_2012_0135_Judgment.pdf