style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've received copies of my statements for the last six years from Barclays, and the charges come to a total of £595.00. I will now be sending a preliminary letter asking them to refund my charges. The templates in the Bank Templates Library are a great help. I also think the info available on this site is invaluable to people (like me) who can't afford expensive legal advice!

So here goes.....

I will keep you posted with my progress.

Regards,

Gez :-)

Guest ian cognito

Good luck with it, from what I have read on here, you've already done well in getting 6 years statements! Yes, let us know how you go on.

• 5 months later...

Well... I've had a mad few months and not had time to chase Barclays, but it's a bit better now so here's where I'm up to:

Sent Prelim letter 3rd April 2007 and got standard reply, 'we are looking into your concerns' blah blah...

So I'm sending my LBA off tomorrow.

A quick question....

My current account to which the charges relate is still overdrawn, within it's agreed limit, but how likely is it that Barclays will close my account and demand the overdraft is paid back immediately? Any answers would be a great help.

I have a rather large O/D with Barclays which I pay into monthly (only a nominal amount) I do not use the account anymore. They have offered me settlement which I have refused and the days are ticking away to me filing it with the courts.

They have not asked me to repay my O/D yet! And if they do then they can use 1/4 of what I am claiming for my charges and I will have the rest!

Thankyou very muchly Mr.Barclays!!!

But make sure you have a parachute account open first!

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Barclays wrote to me just before I was due to file my with MCOL, saying that they disagreed with my claim, but then the very next line offered me £500.00 to settle the claim!

My claim was for £595.00 + £100 interest, so I've decided to accept their offer, although I know if I persisted I would get the whole amount back, but I'm happy with what they offered. Thanks for all the help, the advice on this site is great. Not sure how to move my thread over, if someone could help that would be great!

i am in the process of claiming back £1,195 against barclays. i recieved a letter from them last week saying that someone was dealing with my complaint. they said they would get back to me within a couple of weeks. i notice some people are claiming interest as well, can anyone please advise how i claim interest & roughly work out how much the interest would be.

Hi Sally, if you go to the Bank templates library there are interest calculation spreadsheets that you can fill in and send with your letter as a schedule of charges. this calculates the interest for you! Good luck...

Gez