• Tweets

• i received a letter from the court ( i cant remember what it was called ) but the claimant had ticked for mediation , i replied ticking mediation too. I recieved an email from a company offering mediation on 28/08/2019.. The company is here Email: scmreferrals@justice.gov.uk Post: Small Claims Mediation, HMCTS, PO Box 8793, Leicester, LE1 8BN   I was just going to tell this company that i hadn't received  a cca request reply or a cpr reply and the debt is probably statute barred.. but haven't got round to contacting this mediation company as i am unsure what to do/say
    • Thank you. Do you mean that even if they view the cctv they won't get the police to find me? I would have assumed that would happen. Also, it has been 1 week, I suppose the longer that goes by the less likely it is to happen. Thank you for replying. I know what I did was so wrong, I have no excuses. I have to sort out my life and mental health and I am doing that now.
    • Hello,   I park on a daily basis at Bicester North station. I buy a monthly parking ticket every month.   In the month of July I completely forgot for some reason. At no point did I receive a ticket on my car to notify me that I did not have a valid Parking ticket. I received no parking fine notices on my car during this period. The month of August I bought a monthly parking ticket again.   I have now just started to receive parking ticket notices in the post that I have been parking at the station without a valid ticket. It shows a photo of my car going in to the station and a photo of my car leaving the station. There are 20 tickets for the whole month of August @£50 per ticket going up to £85 per day if I do not pay within 14 days. OUCH!   Having walked around the station there are no signs or notices up anywhere that I can see that this is what is happening now. Forgetting to buy a ticket was a genuine mistake and I have copies of att the other 38 months I have bought a monthly ticket.   I appealed to APCOA in Sheffield. They sent me a standard letter for every single parking notice individually rejecting my appeal and to pay up. the fact that they sent me 20 letters back speaks volumes to reply to my one registered post letter.   Is this legal, don't they have to stick something on my car to alert me? APCOA also advices me that if I appeal the fine will automatically go up to £85 per ticket regardless of time frame. Any advice please?   Many Thanks
    • dam...they found a cca from 2006..santander debts still both stand.. heres what they came up with..doubt there's much i can do but continue payments.
    • Hello,   I park on a daily basis at Bicester North station. I buy a monthly parking ticket every month.   In the month of July I completely forgot for some reason. At no point did I receive a ticket on my car to notify me that I did not have a valid Parking ticket. I received no parking fine notices on my car during this period. The month of August I bought a monthly parking ticket again.   I have now just started to receive parking ticket notices in the post that I have been parking at the station without a valid ticket. It shows a photo of my car going in to the station and a photo of my car leaving the station. There are 20 tickets for the whole month of August @£50 per ticket going up to £85 per day if I do not pay within 14 days. OUCH!   Having walked around the station there are no signs or notices up anywhere that I can see that this is what is happening now. Forgetting to buy a ticket was a genuine mistake and I have copies of att the other 38 months I have bought a monthly ticket.   I appealed to APCOA in Sheffield. They sent me a standard letter for every single parking notice individually rejecting my appeal and to pay up. the fact that they sent me 20 letters back speaks volumes to reply to my one registered post letter.   Is this legal, don't they have to stick something on my car to alert me? APCOA also advices me that if I appeal the fine will automatically go up to £85 per ticket regardless of time frame. Any advice please?   Many Thanks  
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1770 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I was recently informed by a neighbour at my old address that sheriffs officers had been looking for me (including telling neighbours all about the council tax bill I owed how much it was etc...not pleased about that)

I made contact with them and they were aware I was no longer at that address but had issued a charge for payment. I had no fixed abode right now so couldn't get a copy.

I agreed a payment plan over the phone of £10 a month but I assume they can still arrest my bank accounts etc and I can't apply for time to pay as I don't have the charge for payment or know any of the details!

What can I do regarding this?

Thanks in advance

I agreed a payment plan over the phone of £10 a month but I assume they can still arrest my bank accounts etc and I can't apply for time to pay as I don't have the charge for payment or know any of the details!

What can I do regarding this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Ask the Sheriff Offers for a copy, then apply for 'time to pay'.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I thought in Scotland it was illegal to advertise a debt, ie tell someone else how much you owe etc?

Yeah but other than the data protection act, I am sure there is something specific in Scottish law about advertising debts. I tried a quick google and couldn't find anything though so maybe not, but there is something in the back of my mind saying 'an advertised debt is a paid debt'

I thought in Scotland it was illegal to advertise a debt, ie tell someone else how much you owe etc?

I was due HMRC some money and the Sheriff Officers told my neighbour's when they came looking for me, asked if I still stayed at my address.

I have been here about 20 years, never tried to hide the fact, HMRC had my details.

When I phoned to complain HMRC denied ever sending any Sheriff Officers ???

The debts paid now :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert