Euro Carparks - Bromsgrove St, Birmingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all (I'm new),

I am looking for some simple advice re a Parking Charge Notice / PCN I have received today in the post.

Last weekend we travelled to Birmingham to visit old Uni friends and left a bar in the Degbeth area around 1am (Note: non-drinker).

We received a phone call around 1:25am and the car was pulled into the Euro Carpark to talk on the phone. I have parked here before, around 1 or 2 years ago without any PCN's being issued and no other problems. However, today I received the notice with two different photographs of my car reg.

The PCN states that there was a breach of terms and conditions of parking.

The PCN says that the car entered the carpark at 01.24 and left at 01.49 and requires a payment of £60 within 28 days or the charge will increase to £100.

Do I have any reasonable chance of fighting this PCN?

Do I have any chance of winning an appeal?

Please help

Thanks

await the notice to keeper

this was an anpr capture I assume then?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

I am the registered keeper and this PCN states that on 'date' I was the registered keeper.

I guess it was a camera - I did not see one as it was 1am (night) and very dark - this car park has no lighting and its basically a piece of land in a pretty poor state.

Hi dx100uk and queensclose,

First can I thank you both for your very quick responses - you are little stars

DX100UK - They sent the PCN with two cropped photos showing my number plate so I guess they work but I did notice that both are white plates no yellow on the rear of a car and no dealer stamp at the bottom of the plate... funny my dealers stamp is very noticeable on the plate.

prob an IR camera

they don't show

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As this was ANPR, then the parking charge notice you have received is the Notice To Keeper.

How many days from the parking event till the NTK dropped through your letterbox?

prob an IR camera

they don't show

dx

infra red camera

and they

Ok, in time then.

A simple appeal to Euro car parks should be sent by the Registered Keeper.

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg. no. xxx xxx, I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this parking charge notice forthwith , or alternatively provide a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage.

No further correspondence will entered into. '

They state breach of contract, so you will win at POPLA.

'Breach' means that the amount of money they are asking you to pay, which must be on the signage as well, has to be a genuine pre estimate of loss that the landowner has suffered by the parking event.

Your car being in the car park in the early hours, for 25 minutes, has not lost the land owner £60...

This is based on contract law that has developed over hundreds of years....

'Breach' means that the amount of money they are asking you to pay, which must be on the signage as well, has to be a genuine pre estimate of loss that the landowner has suffered by the parking event.

Your car being in the car park in the early hours, for 25 minutes, has not lost the land owner £60...

This is based on contract law that has developed over hundreds of years....

Thank you for the info.

I'll send them a letter on their own appeals section of the website and back it up with a written copy

Edited by tony1morris

remember this is a private company not council charge. under the freedoms act they can take the registered keeper to court. but rarely do. but when they do. its normally a vulnerable person they hope win by default. any sign your going to put up a fight and they back off.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

What you say to the parking company as your reason for appeal doesnt really matter as long as you make it clear that it is an appeal and you expect to be given a POPLA code. I would say that the signage needed to form a unilateral contract was not visible to the driver so no contract formed so no cause of action by ECP.

Dont say who was driving as you are appealing as keeper.