• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Money taken from me - need both refund and compensation

George563
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I question you logic of using a very high int bearing loan

to pay off another interst bearing debt.

simply write to you card company

and ask them to help you in a time of need and freeze interest for 6mths

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will speak to my bank about this.

The credit card belongs to the same bank and I have never accepted any credit card from any other company.

At the start of the year, I received a credit card from one of those credit companies,

and I simply returned it saying that I don't want to get myself into further debt as a result of using it.

The problem is that if you need to clear something like a credit card,

the only solution to do that, as far as I can see, if you use something like a loan.

I know it traps people and it is like fighting fire with fire, and I don't agree with the extortionate APR rates that many of them have,

but surely attempting to pay it off is a lot better than ignoring it and not bothering?

It won't go away and it would be made worse as time moves on anyway.

I shall take DX's advice, and will refer back to it when contacting the bank.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]

Just contacted the bank and regarding my credit card, they say that despite I was blackmailed into withdrawing money for the UKash clips, I shall have to take it up with the bank's disputes department.

A CAG member is who I am

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to a police officer from the local force a couple of weeks ago on the telephone,

quoting the Action Fraud CRN that I had.

From what he knew, he didn't know that I had reported it to AF until I told him about it.

Last week I went back to my old address and found a letter from the bank saying that I was £156 overdrawn.

The irony with this is that had the fraud not happened, I would have still had around £169 still in my account.

The money that I thought someone would help me with, was not there in the account.

£325 has been blackmailed from me and I want to get it back.

I have since moved into my new place, and the fact that I can't replace the money that was taken from me really depresses me.

Over £2,000 in furniture and electrical goods were spent for my new flat and I feel too embarrassed to tell my family about the fraud problem.

This is the first time in my life that I have moved house, and I have enough difficulties to face with Asperger Syndrome, social phobias, anxiety and depression.

I almost feel sick.

I have contacted my local newspaper, but I missed their call as I have a new number and they contacted me on the old one.

I doubt that they will want to follow this up because I am probably not worth it.

Human interest stories, the fact that I am vulnerable and have lost so much money,

as well as moving house so near to Christmas, could be something they can work on.

These days, it is the victim that gets punished and the criminal gets away scot free.

I don't know how I am going to manage this Christmas.

A CAG member is who I am

After trying all the avenues of trying to get my money back, I feel that I have no further alternative but to sue whoever has put me in this position.

I have written to a local solicitors organisation, asking whether I can sue these people, explaining the situation last week. If they do Legal Aid it would help. Not had a response yet as it was only a couple of days ago, but if they can help, I would be grateful.

I just hope that it won't be bread and water on Christmas Day this year.

A CAG member is who I am

How the hell do I get my money back, before Christmas?

Further to my previous email, my bank account is something like this:

Money in my bank account: -£133.29 (Yes, I am over £133 overdrawn, and that is the second time since the incident has taken place that this has happened).

Amount on my credit card to pay off: £1,205.16

I am sick with worry.

Could you please answer me and tell me how the hell am I going to pay all that off? I feel like killing the people who have defrauded me and left me in this position.

Edited by George563

A CAG member is who I am

George,

I'm afraid that no one has the magic answer for you. Take a look at the news today, other people have been tricked out of their money recently too eg:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30279582

If I was you, the first thing I would be doing is speaking with your bank and explaining what has happened. They won't refund your money, so please don't get your hopes up for that. The best you can hope for is that they will halt any interest and bank charges caused by this overdraft, and they can help you get back into the black.

George, to be VERY frank, you have more chance of Father Christmas coming down your chimney on Christmas Eve and filling your house with fairy dust then you have of every seeing your money again.

You have been s cammed, conned or whatever other words you want to use.

Sorry.

• Confused 1