Money taken from me - need both refund and compensation

George563
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I question you logic of using a very high int bearing loan

to pay off another interst bearing debt.

simply write to you card company

and ask them to help you in a time of need and freeze interest for 6mths

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will speak to my bank about this.

The credit card belongs to the same bank and I have never accepted any credit card from any other company.

At the start of the year, I received a credit card from one of those credit companies,

and I simply returned it saying that I don't want to get myself into further debt as a result of using it.

The problem is that if you need to clear something like a credit card,

the only solution to do that, as far as I can see, if you use something like a loan.

I know it traps people and it is like fighting fire with fire, and I don't agree with the extortionate APR rates that many of them have,

but surely attempting to pay it off is a lot better than ignoring it and not bothering?

It won't go away and it would be made worse as time moves on anyway.

I shall take DX's advice, and will refer back to it when contacting the bank.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]

Just contacted the bank and regarding my credit card, they say that despite I was blackmailed into withdrawing money for the UKash clips, I shall have to take it up with the bank's disputes department.

A CAG member is who I am

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to a police officer from the local force a couple of weeks ago on the telephone,

quoting the Action Fraud CRN that I had.

From what he knew, he didn't know that I had reported it to AF until I told him about it.

Last week I went back to my old address and found a letter from the bank saying that I was £156 overdrawn.

The irony with this is that had the fraud not happened, I would have still had around £169 still in my account.

The money that I thought someone would help me with, was not there in the account.

£325 has been blackmailed from me and I want to get it back.

I have since moved into my new place, and the fact that I can't replace the money that was taken from me really depresses me.

Over £2,000 in furniture and electrical goods were spent for my new flat and I feel too embarrassed to tell my family about the fraud problem.

This is the first time in my life that I have moved house, and I have enough difficulties to face with Asperger Syndrome, social phobias, anxiety and depression.

I almost feel sick.

I have contacted my local newspaper, but I missed their call as I have a new number and they contacted me on the old one.

I doubt that they will want to follow this up because I am probably not worth it.

Human interest stories, the fact that I am vulnerable and have lost so much money,

as well as moving house so near to Christmas, could be something they can work on.

These days, it is the victim that gets punished and the criminal gets away scot free.

I don't know how I am going to manage this Christmas.

A CAG member is who I am

After trying all the avenues of trying to get my money back, I feel that I have no further alternative but to sue whoever has put me in this position.

I have written to a local solicitors organisation, asking whether I can sue these people, explaining the situation last week. If they do Legal Aid it would help. Not had a response yet as it was only a couple of days ago, but if they can help, I would be grateful.

I just hope that it won't be bread and water on Christmas Day this year.

A CAG member is who I am

How the hell do I get my money back, before Christmas?

Further to my previous email, my bank account is something like this:

Money in my bank account: -£133.29 (Yes, I am over £133 overdrawn, and that is the second time since the incident has taken place that this has happened).

Amount on my credit card to pay off: £1,205.16

I am sick with worry.

Could you please answer me and tell me how the hell am I going to pay all that off? I feel like killing the people who have defrauded me and left me in this position.

Edited by George563

A CAG member is who I am

George,

I'm afraid that no one has the magic answer for you. Take a look at the news today, other people have been tricked out of their money recently too eg:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30279582

If I was you, the first thing I would be doing is speaking with your bank and explaining what has happened. They won't refund your money, so please don't get your hopes up for that. The best you can hope for is that they will halt any interest and bank charges caused by this overdraft, and they can help you get back into the black.

George, to be VERY frank, you have more chance of Father Christmas coming down your chimney on Christmas Eve and filling your house with fairy dust then you have of every seeing your money again.

You have been s cammed, conned or whatever other words you want to use.

Sorry.

• Confused 1