BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
neword

Back Payment of PIP?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Any help appreciated.

Short story

Wife was on DLA High Mob (had been for a long time)

Pressure was being put on me by advisor at JSA to apply and try to get PIP care. We resisted initially but the advisor got a little umpty with me and after about 4 months we decided to try for the PIP.

So, 18th Dec 2013 we ring PIP and ask for the appropriate papers we would need to make the claim (wife's DLA still active at this point). We were not made aware at the time that by just asking for the papers we were actually starting the PIP process.

December 31st PIP papers arrive but due to it being New Years eve we set them aside.

On viewing the papers and because our Doctors were closed no progress was made in filling out the papers.

4th Jan 2014 Eventually after a few days and requesting info on my wifes condition + medication we went through the papers and my wife felt that we would not get anything different than what we already had so we decided to leave it.

31st January we receive a letter stating that the DLA was now being stopped due to them not receiving the PIP papers back.

We of course contacted them and told them that we had not been told that just applying for the papers was the start of the claim. Made no difference.

They told us to get the papers back to them asap. So by 3rd Feb 2014 they got the papers (recorded delivery).

We were onto the phone to DLA as well and they said they would re instate the DLA MOB in the mean time. (They didn't)

So 1st question is. as the DLA had already been stopped before the PIP papers were sent back would this be classified as a new claim?

If it is classed as a new claim from 3rd February then would she be entitled to any back payment of PIP (we start receiving PIP about 6 weeks ago but were told she was not entitled to any back payment) We are still awaiting the actual award letter despite being on the phone to them every week since we found the 1st payment in my wife's bank account 6 weeks ago)

I know its a bit messy but I feel we are being cheated somehow and just want to clear it up one way or another.

If you want any further information just ask and I will post it.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this