Legal Action Against Bank

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All

I am considering legal action against my bank. I would like to know if during the legal process, they have the right to withdraw my bank account facilities?

I know they can do as per T&Cs as appropriate but i remember reading somewhere they cant do it while I we are going through mediation etc ?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think that you need to give much better details before anyone can advise you

I think whatever the circumstances, they will make a case that the relationship has broken down.

There is, however, an implied term in your contract with the bank that they will not normally close a customer’s account without giving reasonable notice. Reasonable notice for private would be 30 days.

But in practice they do just shut down bank accounts without notice so best have a backup plan and account. A friend of mine had his personal account and business accounts closed down and the first he knew was a bounced DD letter from a credit card. But it's the start of another long slog through FO and FCA etc and court to get any redress, meanwhile the bank accounts are closed.

The terms and conditions of most banks will state that they can close your account for any reason by giving 60 days/2 months notice.

Only in certain cirumstances will they close your account immediately - e.g. if they believe you are doing something illegal/fraudulent, have been abusive to their staff etc.

(If you're considering legal action against a bank why would you even want to continue banking with them?)