Vodafone - No signal for months and poss termination fee #8437881

aero_G
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I would appreciate help and advice on the following matter (please see below).

For over three months now, I have lost signal at my work place.

I am unable to receive or make calls from my mobile phone.

This is not only frustrating but is very disruptive.

This problem with the loss of signal has only occurred recently

as I used to get full signal on my mobile phone for the last 7 years that I have worked here.

I have now phoned many times and have also written a formal complaint letter to Vodafone.

To summarise, Vodafone has confirmed that they are having issues in the area which is affecting phone signal

and are not be able to give me an exact timescale as to when the issue will be rectified.

I am not in the position to wait indefinitely for Vodafone to rectify their issues.

From my point of view, I have been paying for a contract for which service has not been provided.

With this, I have asked for my contract to be terminated

however have received a reply saying I will be charged an early termination fees of £193.00.

If Vodafone are unable to provide me with a service,

surely they should provide a refund on my monthly bills that I have paid

for the months that I have not been able to use their service,

and to waive the early termination fees of £193.00 so I can move to another provider?

Has anybody else been in a similar situation? What is your advice please?

I have also emailed Lee [#8437881] - but have had no response.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

Hi there, I would appreciate help and advice on the following matter (please see below).

For over three months now, I have lost signal at my work place.

I am unable to receive or make calls from my mobile phone.

This is not only frustrating but is very disruptive.

This problem with the loss of signal has only occurred recently

as I used to get full signal on my mobile phone for the last 7 years that I have worked here.

I have now phoned many times and have also written a formal complaint letter to Vodafone.

To summarise, Vodafone has confirmed that they are having issues in the area which is affecting phone signal

and are not be able to give me an exact timescale as to when the issue will be rectified.

I am not in the position to wait indefinitely for Vodafone to rectify their issues.

From my point of view, I have been paying for a contract for which service has not been provided.

With this, I have asked for my contract to be terminated

however have received a reply saying I will be charged an early termination fees of £193.00.

If Vodafone are unable to provide me with a service,

surely they should provide a refund on my monthly bills that I have paid

for the months that I have not been able to use their service,

and to waive the early termination fees of £193.00 so I can move to another provider?

Has anybody else been in a similar situation? What is your advice please?

I have also emailed Lee [#8437881] - but have had no response.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

Read the T&Cs that came with your contract.

Vodafone have to refund you for the times that you suffered network issues. If they fail to rectify the network issues you can cancel with without termination fees (Under Clause 11b).

You'll have to go to court before you'll get Vodafone to agree to this unfortunately. But once in court, they won't bother turning up and you'll win the case.

My advice is, keep a solid journal of ALL your correspondence with Vodafone - record phone calls, use the live chat function on the Vodafone website and save the chat transcripts.

Yes but on my payg phone. I can get a full signal in my house but when l leave l get no signal cant make or recieve phone calls etc. Been told its my phone as others notvhaving issues and have confirmed this

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

aero

has vod Jen or otherwise been in contact. i did pm jen #2 to look in yr thread.

Lee or Jen has not been in touch. I have however received an email from customer support asking for more security details such as DOB and Sim card no. Nothing has been done as yet....very dissapointing with their customer service.

Hi guys,

aero_G - Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can see we’ve received your reply so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

The GodMother – If you’re still having problems with this, email me with via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Thanks,

Jenny

Vodafone UK

This is the reply I received today. They are still intending to charge early termination fees for which I am extremely frustrated about. As time goes on, I am in a contract for which I have no service and am unable to use my mobile. How is this fair or even good customer service?

Thanks for your reply.

We can’t issue dead lock letter directly, if you want deadlock letter then we’ll follow our internal escalation process.

I understand that you are facing coverage issue on post code: LE113TU and LE33LR. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Based on your complain I have discussed your case with our technical team. I have explained whole situation on your behalf, to an advisor, she has also checked issue which are reported on both the post codes. Further they need some more clarification on your issue. I tried to call you today but the call was routed to voicemail, so left a message. I would request you to contact our technical team on 191 from your Vodafone number, then option 2 and then option 2, between 8am-8pm. One of our technical advisors will be able to assist you further in this case.

Further, I have also discussed your case with my manager, as per there advice once your issue get resolve we’ll review for compensation. If you still want to cancel your contract you will get charge an early termination fees.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

seems then provide the 'more clarification' they seek, see what they come back with.

or 'deadlock' it to be escalated. if still no joy, then maybe court as per armchair #4.

wait see others input

• 3 weeks later...
seems then provide the 'more clarification' they seek, see what they come back with.

or 'deadlock' it to be escalated. if still no joy, then maybe court as per armchair #4.

wait see others input

It seems to me they have clarified themselves no service when you call. Also how can you call them with no service ??

Vodafone Jen. Anything you want to say in regards to the signal issues u can say on here rather than in hiding

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It seems to me they have clarified themselves no service when you call. Also how can you call them with no service ??

:)

i dont know what 'more clarification' vod are after, hence maybe to find out see if it would help resolve! it might be privy, as no posts back.

maybe the fact that vods call was sent direct to voicemail says it all, ie was no service :)

Vodafone Jen. Anything you want to say in regards to the signal issues u can say on here rather than in hiding

Hi The GodMother,

Without knowing your post code, we wouldn't be able to confirm if there was a fault in your area or not.

For further help with this, please follow the troubleshooting guide here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK