MET Parking and Chiltern Railways **Cancelled - another GOGW**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Managed to get myself a Parking Charge Notice issued by MET Parking in a Chiltern Railways car park.

I use this Car park every day and always buy a monthly ticket.

On this particular day I was running even later than normal and parked the car as the train was coming into view

I grabbed my laptop and flung the parking ticket on the dash

to only return that evening to discover the ticket hadn't stayed on the dash and a nice plastic envelope stuck to my windscreen.

I have all my tickets and receipts going back over 12 months including the valid ticket for that day.

I've been reading what I can find on the forum and it appears the advice is to wait for the NTK letter to arrive before appealing,

is this the best way forward?

I will get some pictures of all the signage in the car park but it definitely mentions railway bylaws on some of the signs I've seen.

Not sure if it makes any difference but

the car is actually registered in my spouses name even though it is the vehicle I always drive.

Can I assume if I write to them now stating that although it wasn't displayed correctly

I had a valid parking ticket so no loss has been incurred this would just get rejected out of hand?

and would that weaken my case later?

I'm annoyed with myself for letting this happen and annoyed with MET for trying to charge me £100 for something I had already paid for.

What the best way forward in this case?

Thanks

await the ntk

you'd paid tough luck on them

appeal then get a popla number.

they don't stand a chance.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Managed to get myself a Parking Charge Notice issued by MET Parking in a Chiltern Railways car park.

I use this Car park every day and always buy a monthly ticket.

On this particular day I was running even later than normal and parked the car as the train was coming into view

I grabbed my laptop and flung the parking ticket on the dash

to only return that evening to discover the ticket hadn't stayed on the dash and a nice plastic envelope stuck to my windscreen.

I have all my tickets and receipts going back over 12 months including the valid ticket for that day.

I've been reading what I can find on the forum and it appears the advice is to wait for the NTK letter to arrive before appealing,

is this the best way forward?

I will get some pictures of all the signage in the car park but it definitely mentions railway bylaws on some of the signs I've seen.

Not sure if it makes any difference but

the car is actually registered in my spouses name even though it is the vehicle I always drive.

Can I assume if I write to them now stating that although it wasn't displayed correctly

I had a valid parking ticket so no loss has been incurred this would just get rejected out of hand?

and would that weaken my case later?

I'm annoyed with myself for letting this happen and annoyed with MET for trying to charge me £100 for something I had already paid for.

What the best way forward in this case?

Thanks

Which train station car park was this please?

As the Registered Keeper is your spouse, then wait for the NTK through the post. This has to be received by the RK between 29-56 days of the windscreen ticket. (NTD).

Do not contact MET yet.

Have a read of the Prankster;

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/met-parking-deceive-motorists-for-years.html

Out of interest, how is the monthly parking ticket/permit supplied from the station ticket office?

As it lasts a month, and is used daily, I am assuming it would/could/should be stuck on to the inside of the windscreen.

Make MET work for themselves and spend money on chasing the keeper before a response is given. they have lost no money just because their goon cannot see your pass so a win at POPLA is on the cards for more than one reason. For the moment though, just wait to see if they send the next notice within the prescribed time slots.

• 4 weeks later...
Out of interest, how is the monthly parking ticket/permit supplied from the station ticket office?

As it lasts a month, and is used daily, I am assuming it would/could/should be stuck on to the inside of the windscreen.

It's a ticket exactly like a train ticket. They do not supply anything to stick it to the windscreen with just a plastic ticket wallet with one clear side that can be placed on the dash, but won't stay there the minute you drive.

Right, the letter has arrived from Met, addressed to my spouse of course.

I guess I need to find the appeal letter template now and should I add something along the lines of no actual loss was suffered as I had already paid for a monthly parking ticket and include a scan of the ticket and receipt as well?

Thanks

There's not really a template for this first appeal stage, as each situation is different. I would keep it short and sweet, and simply state that the driver had a valid ticket on the day in question. I wouldn't enclose that proof yet though, as it's up to them to prove that you didn't rather than for you to prove that you did. You need to make it crystal clear though that you are expecting a POPLA reference number if they don't accept the appeal. If they've got any sense they'll drop it there.

Keep the ticket and receipt safe though, obviously, as you can present them at POPLA if it gets that far and make them look like a right bunch of clowns.

then your appeal is that "the prescribed fee was paid by way of a monthly ticket that was displayed in the vehicle. It is not the appellants fault that the MET employee could not see it as it was placed correctly at the time."

Dont waffle about high winds, slammed doors, being in a rush or anything elsxe. They are claiming a breach and they have to provide proof of that breach so keep it short and relevant.

• 3 weeks later...

Sent the appeal off well within the 28 days of receiving the notice through the post and today we've received a second letter, spookily dated the same date that we appealed online, stating on the front of the letter that further information on how to pay, the right to appeal (please be advised that the independent appeals service (POPLA) is no longer available) etc can be found on the reverse.

The reverse then goes on to explain the appeals process and says "In order to be treated as a formal appeal with recourse to POPLA, the independent Appeals Service, the appeal must be received within 28 days from the date of our initial correspondence...etc.

How should I respond to this?

Even more confused now!

Just logged onto their website to demand they either cancel the charge or provide the POPLA validation code and the amount owes now shows as £0.00 ?

Did my appeal work?

Even more confused now!

Just logged onto their website to demand they either cancel the charge or provide the POPLA validation code and the amount owes now shows as £0.00 ?

Did my appeal work?

Probably...

I would save/print that page. You can then send it back to them!