Asking Seetec to fund course - dragging their heels

nexxusone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On CWP and 2 weeks ago, we were all taken into a room and asked our details and what jobs we would like, next day the advisor contacted me and said please forward c.v via email as I have a driving job for you. Great I thought as I forwarded my c.v , I added a cheeky p.s of please would you fund my 35 hrs CPC periodic traning then ? So I may legally drive as this is now required since 10th September 2014 for over 3.5t drivers.

I again repeated the request to career advisor 1 week later 'in centre' and got your WP advisor will contact you shortly - that was 5 days ago.... Seems they only like to collect in the bonuses and not pay out for training!! As I'm a recovery driver and even the small recovery trucks are around 4.2 tonnes unladen, I thought I had a valid and reasonable request... and she never did give me any details of this supposed job!

Work Programme providers, and this includes CWP providers, will not fund speculative training - To get any funding, you need to get a confirmed job offer subject to gaining the required certificate. Only then will a provider "consider" the possibility of funding.

This was the "official" line I got from one of Emma's harpies at A4e. The only "training" any provider will offer is if it at zero cost to them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Too right. Before I attended the WP run by Ingeus, I was told by my JC+ 'adviser' that training was available. When I pushed the issue and asked what this would consist of, his response was that the actual act of attending Ingeus was apparently THE training in itself. No doubt the many and varied activities such as jobs earching....and errrr.... job searching. 'Employability training' as my 'adviser' called it.

No training as we'd see it was available. Although there was a self employment module available, one Ingues adviser swore blind it did not exist. Even though one of here colleagues sitting across from her informed her it actually DID! I rather think the advisers need the training themselves.

Work Programme providers, and this includes CWP providers, will not fund speculative training - To get any funding, you need to get a confirmed job offer subject to gaining the required certificate. Only then will a provider "consider" the possibility of funding.

This was the "official" line I got from one of Emma's harpies at A4e. The only "training" any provider will offer is if it at zero cost to them.

As with those wishing to get a CSCS card, the provider will say 'get the job first' to which the response is 'I can't even get onto site for an interview without a CSCS card' and the provider will say 'get the job first'..........

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.