I had an associates loan back in 2001.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I take all of this is being done on the phone?

I'd be sending an fos cq to them.

make it official.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well that's the thing. Been onto FOS and been told that as sale took place 18/06/2001. Citi weren't regulated so they won't look at complaint and also welcome tell me that I can't claim via their underwriters as they didn't sell.my insurance. Has anybody heard of Citi rejecting a PPI complaint due to it being a Hire Purchase? ????

does it give the associates underwriters on your agreement?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Yes Alison I've done that,

written to chief executive office.

I have a phone number for Citi Ppi.

They have been quite helpful but the dept you need doesn't take phone calls so they say

BUT if you moan enough they will phone you back.

I phoned Citi today and couldn't get much out of them except that from what I could piece together

they are saying that as they sold the Hire Purchase and all the LIABILITIES to Welcome then it's down to them.

Not convinced but the chap told me yesterday that this is the procedure they always do with Hire Purchase agreements!!!!

they sold associates /citi credit cards to Opus/newday and try this nonsense with these

but its citi who eventually cough

you need to persist in writing imo

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Yeah I just think that Citi are dodging it. I was hoping somebody on here had heard of them referring Hire Purchase back to company they sold it too!!!!!

quite common with associates credit cards, virtually unmentioned with hp bar that one thread as above

So do you think it's Citi who are responsible as I haven't got a clue anymore. Citi are sending me letter they have sent to Welcome so I hope that may shed some light on it. I think I am stuffed as if it keeps dragging on then both will say go to FOS and as they both know as of 2001 neither of them were regulated so FOS won't do anything

lets see what the letter says

if citi bought assoc hp and then sold to welcome then I would say citi responsible

if assoc hp portfolio sold direct to welcome then welcome responsible

Well had a copy of letter from Citi today which they have sent to Welcome but doesn't explain why Welcome should look again at my complaint. I'm just thinking I may ask both Welcome and Citi for SAR as one of them must have more details or proof that they aren't liable for the mis sell of PPI

I am pulling my hair out. Looks like Citi have had enough of me pestering them and WONT explain why it has to go back to Welcome Finance but if I'm not happy (which I'm not) then I must go to FOS. This is what I was dreading as they know aswell as I do that FOS won't do anything as its before December 2001. I know exactly what Welcome finance will do now that it's been sent back to them, NOTHING!!!!!!!

did you establish who the assoc underwriters were?

SAR to both may be the only option

to see what if anything these throw up

Well had ANOTHER call to Citi today and spoke to team leader at PPI queries. He told me that when they sold my Hire Purchase to Welcome that Welcome accepted all liabilities including the PPI AND gap insurances. Is this true do you think???? Also If it does go back to Welcome could I claim from their underwriters Aviva??? I have sent SAR to both of them to see what that throws up

can you get that in writing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...