Car to export permanent - is possible back using in the ENGLAND?

misokgb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

please, i have question, my friend have a car in czech, this car is permanent to export (but have plates, and certificate - see attachment), and now. I have interest for this car, is possible to get back registrate in uk? When yes, how is process?

Thank you!

Removed by Admin this is certificate of car.

Edited by ims21
Link contained personal info

• 2 months later...

Basicly, this car was buyed in UK - is originally RHD car, the car have a UK number plates, 63 reg plates. This car was buyed on auction, and i have only Certificate of permanent export.

I dont know, the log book is missing, stolen or was destroyed, but when i check this car on online vehicle enquiry, the car have Status marker: yes.

Now, i have this car here, in London, i need registrate to my name, i was calling to DVLA, and he told me - i need contacting HMRC for VAT, then i can register this car in UK via DVLA with form, which me delivered from DVLA, but i think, when this car was NEVER registered to another country, i dont need contacting HMRC for VAT. I dont know, what i do ing now :( Thanks for reply!

It is Skoda Superb 2013 DSG TDi CR

When you import a car into the UK, you have to get a reference number from HMRC - and this reference number has to be given to DVLA as part of the registration process.

The problem is, that if taxes and duties are due on the import, these will need to be paid, before HMRC issue the reference number. However, sometimes taxes & duties aren't due, it depends on certain things. HMRC still need to give a reference number, even if taxes & duties aren't due.

I'm not sure how the car initially got exported from the UK, if VAT was reclaimed and/or if VAT was paid on it in Chech. Generally speaking, if VAT has been paid on a vehicle before in the EU, it shouldn't have to be paid again.

Something important to remember, is you have to tell HMRC within 14 days of importing a car into the country. If you are late telling them, they will fine you £5 for every day over the 14 days - something for you to remember, when they ask you what date it came back into the country.

Here is an interesting link for you https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/vat-and-tax-vehicles-from-within-the-eu . If you decide to speak with somebody at HMRC, in the car imports department, they are generally helpful and fairly knowledgable.

Regarding the log book, if the car was previously exported from the UK, this log book would have been surrendered back to DVLA, so the car won't currently have a log book

misok,

Something else, if your car has been declared as previously exported from the UK and you never registered it in Chech, it means that you have an unregistered car. DVLA won't want you driving it on the road if it is unregistered and it could cause you a big problem, if you get pulled over. It's probably better to keep it off the road for the moment, if that is possible.

Thanks for reply.

Yes, i know, i must notifying HMRC in 14 days - but HMRC page is too complicated - first i need online registration, then i must notifying about car import.

Maybe is possible only cancel the Export status, because car was onyl exported, not registered on another country, and them delivered back here, and now i need registrate car to my name.

Yes i know, the car dont have TAX, insurance etc, is parked on garage, and not in use. Thanks for information, i must contacting the HMRC.

Yep, it's a lot of information to learn on your first time.

Yep, I think calling HMRC would be a good thing.

Finding a way to get DVLA to cancel the previous export declaration would be the best way.