AK/Judge & Priestley - claimform - old MBNA card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pay us something before we have to run away...?

?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope I think you are 100% correct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have not got anything to ask for...unless you want a reconstituted version of the agreement and Notice of Assignment...nothing from MBNA:lol:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just write and refer to the documents as per the N265 and request which ones you wan t.(this should be done by a certain date as per your Directions)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone.

I received the attached letter last week and the below email yesterday.

Could anyone please advise what I should take from this?

It seems they still wish to move forward with taking me to court despite having no signed credit agreement.

Can they still pursue court if they do not have a signed credit agreement?

They also keep asking me to accept their proposal of £6k to clear the debt now....not a chance!

I also do not want them to contact me by email and want everything in writing, do I just email them back saying this?

"Without Prejudice

We note from our records that we have not received a response to ourwithout prejudice correspondence dated 27 April 2015.

In the circumstances we can only infer from your failure to respond to our offer that it is rejected

.If you wish to discuss a settlement proposal please contact the writer onher direct dial below,

otherwise we shall continue to proceed with legal action where the parties are subject to a risk on costs."

]

So they have complied with disclosure.......what about witness statements?

Hi, yes they've given me everything I requested. Load of nothing just some copies of statements, which were the last two sent by MBNA, some correspondence and the unsigned credit agreement.

They don't need to provide the witness statements until June

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Could someone please help me with the next steps? My deadline is 9th June and I'd totally forgotten! I need to send signed statements of myself and any witnesses I intend to rely on. What is this? Is there a standard form?

I've heard nothing from Aktiv Kapital since the letter above

Standard witness statement stage of the directions... a draft from yourself......plenty of examples in other threads/Legal Successes.

Andy

Good morning all.

Well I received the attached letter on Friday....did I win??

Please note the wrong name of a Mr Kevin Phipps in the middle of the paperwork but all the rest has been addressed to me.

They are asking me to sign this but nowhere does it state they will not sell the debt on or keep registering it against my credit file.

Can I ask for these to be put in?

I would check that it was intended for you first before signing Red......but yes this brings the matter to an end by way of a drop hands settlement agreement.Because the claim was in Fast Track...for them to merely discontinue would expose themselves to wasted costs...hence the the Consent.

This is only with regards to the claim...the debt still exists...the debt may be assigned in the future (unless statute barred by then) and the debt will continued to be reported to the CRAs (until it reaches it 6th Anniversary)

But well done this brings the matter to an end...once you have confirmed the name alteration and signed and agreed....let me know and I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

HI Andy,

I am going to return the letter to them unsigned asking for an amended copy with my name in the body. Fortunately for me the debt was statute barred in May I think, will check the paperwork though. Can I please ask if the debt is statue barred 6 years and two months from the date of the last payment?

When it does meet the 6th anniversary does it simply drop off my credit report? I'm too scared to look at it just now! I had read that debt collection companies can register the debt each time it is bought, is that correct? If so there could be loads of entries for just this one debt

HI Andy,

I am going to return the letter to them unsigned asking for an amended copy with my name in the body. Fortunately for me the debt was statute barred in May I think, will check the paperwork though.The clock stopped on SB on issue of the claim it will restart from the date the claim is discontinued Can I please ask if the debt is statue barred 6 years and two months from the date of the last payment? There abouts

When it does meet the 6th anniversary does it simply drop off my credit report? Yes I'm too scared to look at it just now! I had read that debt collection companies can register the debt each time it is bought, is that correct? No they can only attach their name If so there could be loads of entries for just this one debt But its the same debt and will expire on 6 years from default date

Regards

Andy

No......the Statute Barred clock stopped ticking the day the claim form hit your door mat...once the consent is sealed by the court...it starts again.

I'm so sorry I'm struggling to understand this statute barred part. When you say the consent is sealed by the court is this something that has already happened? Sorry for being stupid about this! I just need to understand if my credit is going to improve and if anyone else can now go after for me for this debt? If my understanding is correct it sounds like someone can

I'm so sorry I'm struggling to understand this statute barred part. When you say the consent is sealed by the court is this something that has already happened? No when you sign it and send it back...normally takes a week or so Sorry for being stupid about this! I just need to understand if my credit is going to improve and if anyone else can now go after for me for this debt? If my understanding is correct it sounds like someone can
Yes they can as per my first post of today.......discontinuance of a claim has absolutely nothing to do with the alleged debt.....just the claim and court procedures. You still have a debt...its still on your credit files until it reaches 6 years /statute barred......if before that date they sell it again then another parasite could issue a claim.

Dont think I can explain that any simpler RED>

So basically as soon as I sign this letter and the consent is sealed by the court this six years has begun all over again.....sheesh! Feels like it'll never go away. I guess the one positive is that it will drop off the credit file at six years, which should be now, and hopefully my credit will start to improve

No....let me try once more......

Was the claim statute barred before they issued the claim ? If no...the clock stopped on issuance of the claim and will restart (from were it left off) after discontinuance.

If yes it was statute barred at the time they issued the claim...then that should have been your defence all along.

Try separating statute barred from default periods.