AK/Judge & Priestley - claimform - old MBNA card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi out of the red, i doubt if it is an enforcable agreement, if you go to Dealing with debt in Scotland and click on my thread : reply from Link financial and read the alleged CCA from MBNA that was sent to me, and the comments from fellow caggers should be of help to you. If the application form copy that they sent you is found to be invalid ( which it probably is ) then send them the get lost letter.

there you go

i would now refer to the wonderfull pt2537 tread

egg credit agreedments what i think is wrong with them

it is duff

i would urge to read other comments that are made

happy days

enjoy the rest of the evening

best regrds lilly

Very interesting, the front of your agreement is identical to one of mine bar the referenec numbers.....however the back is very different !

Naughty MBNA have been a little creative here I think !

I have a 1998 alleged CCa almost identical front , slightly different back on seperate sheets with non matching handwriting of ref numbers

Are you saying you have a copy of the original ?

So they have just whipped in a copy from that period but it may have absolutely nothing to do with my card??

got it in one, so if the account is in dispute, you have no obligation to pay until they supply the agreement. have you told them this? Now if you want to kick a little you may want to request via CPR to get sight of original agreement ( yes the one that probably doesnt exist).

• Haha 1

Yes I sent them an account in dispute letter, will send them the CPR one now...thank you!!

got it in one, so if the account is in dispute, you have no obligation to pay until they supply the agreement. have you told them this? Now if you want to kick a little you may want to request via CPR to get sight of original agreement ( yes the one that probably doesnt exist).

Just been thinking about this today, sorry that should be stressing, and really wondering where I go from here.....I'm kinda lost as to where I stand with regards to enforceability. Sorry if I am asking you to repeat something that's already posted but I need to be straight in my mind.

MBNA have sent me a letter today saying that are going to register a default against me as I still haven't paid anything. This is a template bog standard letter they obviously send everyone

Can I continue to ignore? What would be the benefit of sending the CPR letter? Should I make a full and final settlement offer? HELP!!

OK obviously its up to you at the end of the day how you go with this as regards offering them anything. Please take a step back for a few hours or days it really wont do much harm to look into this further. If youve not been supplied with the original agreement via your CCA request, then they are in fact in default of that request. However, they have interpreted your request to suit themselves, they could possibly get away with this at court, so this is a bit hit and miss.

Now comes the next bit, If you decide to make a CPR request for the original document, in theory they should follow the CPR rules. So you'd sort of have them by the short and curlies should they sell on ( more likely)or take you to court.

After all, you are trying to see if this 'agreement' is all above board and legal. This is quite a reasonable request to make. Being a reasonable person, as you are, You'd be more than willing to negotiate with them once you know what the hell the agreement contains.

(It could tie you selling your offspring at age 7 to some aging rock star for all you know)

If they supply it and its all good, you can offer something. If they dont accept your offer, they could take you to court for the debt.

So, the likelyhood of a court claim being put in against you is fairly likely. Either by way of you not paying, or them just doing so because you've been impertinent and questioned their inadequate paperwork.

The trick is, to have a good papertrail to show you have made every possible effort to obtain from them, proof that they legally can claim against you.

I could go on , little tired but hopefully you get the jist.:-|

Just to add this little bit, heres a link to your question for the default they threaten.

http://www.consumerforums.com/component/content/article/47-guidance-notes/98-have-you-been-defaulted-on-a-disputed-account.html

Edited by bazaar
added link

Ok so really the only way I can possibly force them into accepting a full and final settlement is if the documents in the CPR request are not 100%

I naively thought this would be simple and hoped they would just not have the paperwork and I could offer a full and final and that would be that.....

Ok so really the only way I can possibly force them into accepting a full and final settlement is if the documents in the CPR request are not 100%

I naively thought this would be simple and hoped they would just not have the paperwork and I could offer a full and final and that would be that.....

LOL, welcome to the wonderful world of the banks and DCA's, where they have their own set of rules and mostly ignore all of the regulations you would think they should abide by. They will string you along and you wont get them to admit they are wrong in any way.

Then you'll get a court summons.

The only option really, Thats if youre prepared to battle, is to get this sorted legally through the court system.

Remember, this is all a big game, some they win, some they dont.

Our aim is to get more wins against them for their shoddy, unprofessional atitudes to people.

Hmm....so at this point then it's probably not worth me trying to go down the full and final settlement route.

Sorry to keep asking all these questions which you've no doubt seen a million times before but am I ok to continue not paying as things currently stand?

I'm finding this very stressful as I would rather just offer them £2k to go away, the debt is currently just under £10k

Out of the Red,

Yes this is stressful, but hopefully you'll get stronger as time goes by.

Plenty of people here have been where you are and bought the tee-shirt. (Some have even had the banks pay for the Tee-shirt:)).

There is no right or wrong way to do things. So, you'll ask a question , but maybe get what seems like conflicting advice.

The more time you spend looking at what different people have done and what theyve achieved, I'm sure you'll get to a point where a light comes on and you'll be able to make the best decision for you situation.

The main point in trying to get sight of the original agreement is so that you can negotiate a settlement ( If thats what you want to achieve ).

Some people here would advocate differently, ( IE, No agreement, No payment).

What you have as a guarantee though, is that the Bank or DCA will hound you for payment, trashing your Credit files on the way.

Some people may feel like giving up at various points in this long game.

But the damage has already been done. So think to yourself, have they been reasonable to you over the years? Are they being reasonable with you now? Have they supplied you with proof that they can treat you this way? All valid questions for you to ponder.

If it ultimately ends up at court, then this will probably be the resting place for your situation, good or bad.

How long do you wish to take this ride?

Thanks so much for helping me

Have to say that MBNA have been nothing but unhelpful, when I approached them a few years back saying I couldn't keep up with the payments they said there was nothing they could do so I'd better find the money from somewhere!! When I approached Lloyds TSB with the same problem they couldn't have been more helpful and agreed to take £90 a month on a £5k debt which is now paid off in full

I have no plans to get anymore credit as I've had it with credit cards and loans so I'm not overly fussed about what they are doing to my credit reference, what I am stressed about is the idea of it ending up in court!

This is going to sound like I'm trying to get someone to make a decision for me but do you think it's a good call to go down the CPR letter route? I mean if for no other reason it's more delaying tactics on my part.

Sorry to be so indecisive and whiney!!!

Red

you mentioned earlier delaying tactics on your part, but to what end??

You may as well fire off the CPR request and the dispute letter, let them know you now have a little more knowledge about this and your rights.

Theyve already threatened defaulting you, so get your stuff in first. you can then tell them they are wrong to do so. Better to be pro active than just wait for them to act