Ppi reclaimed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to clarify what you should get back under the system of redress laid down by the regulators...

1-> All premiums paid

2->All contractual interestlink3.gif which arose as a result of those premiums

3->The account should be reconstructed with the above removed. If that reconstruction shows that in any month the account went into credit, you get 8% simple interest on that credit balance for that month.

4-> If the account is closed and paid off then there will be a difference between the actual amount paid and the reconstructed balance at that date. 8% simple is awarded on that difference running from the fate of the payment of the card balance up to the date of settlement of the claim.

depends if there is an outstanding balance too

and if its been sold or not.

if the account is still owned by the Original creditor,

then the 'debt' must obviously contain a good proportion of the 'mis-sold ppi + interest.'

thus the debt is as such only 'notional', so the ppi reclaim will be used to abolish the notional debt

as the debtor has not actually paid the ppi etc they are thus reclaiming.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,could you expand ,or am i right in saying, if i had a credit card with say a £3000 pound balance and reclaimed ppi and interest on that card, that amounted to £5000 then do i recieve £2000 or the full £5000 and the card reverts to zero balance because the ppi and interest was rapped up in the original balance? very confusing?

splitenz

If the account is still with the original creditor then they are entitled to offset the PPI refund against the account balance. So in your example they can take £3,000 to clear the account and then refund the balance of £2,000 to you.

If the account has been sold on then no such right of set off exists and the full amount of refund (£5,000 in your example) should come to you.

There have been a few cases where the original creditor has bought the account back in order to carry out a set off.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS