TV Licencing Visit - He knocked on neighbours houses to try to obtain my name!

Stigman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our house is unlicensed for TV Licencing, We do not break the law and watch via catch up etc.

We are not registered with TV Licencing and have the usual addressed to "The Legal Occupier" which we ignore.

Today had a knock at the door, TV Licencing, told him I am not answering his questions & to leave the property, he did ask for my name which I refused.

He left saying "he will come back with a Court Warrant to effectively break down the door".

I cannot remember his name but I do have his car registration details, I will use these to track him down & also to post the details on forums.

What does concern me is that a neighbour (who is licensed) had a knock at the door from him, he showed his ID and said he is updating his database & to avoid annoying and upsetting everyone in the Hamlet (only 26 houses in the middle of North Yorkshire), can she tell him the names of those who live at a house called "XXXXXXXXX" (My House).

My neighbour refused (she popped round to see us after he eventually drove off) but he did try other houses.

I have spoke to most except 3 neighbours, I know at least two of them were in at the time and will catch up with them later.

Can I contact the Police with the threat of breaking down the door?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Unless you have proof of that, the police wont be interested. They may do an investigation, but no proof = nothing will happen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Our house is unlicensed for TV Licencing, We do not break the law and watch via catch up etc.

We are not registered with TV Licencing and have the usual addressed to "The Legal Occupier" which we ignore.

Today had a knock at the door, TV Licencing, told him I am not answering his questions & to leave the property, he did ask for my name which I refused.

He left saying "he will come back with a Court Warrant to effectively break down the door".

I cannot remember his name but I do have his car registration details, I will use these to track him down & also to post the details on forums.

What does concern me is that a neighbour (who is licensed) had a knock at the door from him, he showed his ID and said he is updating his database & to avoid annoying and upsetting everyone in the Hamlet (only 26 houses in the middle of North Yorkshire), can she tell him the names of those who live at a house called "XXXXXXXXX" (My House).

My neighbour refused (she popped round to see us after he eventually drove off) but he did try other houses.

I have spoke to most except 3 neighbours, I know at least two of them were in at the time and will catch up with them later.

Can I contact the Police with the threat of breaking down the door?

Stigman

The cheeky blighter!!

Are they actually allowed to lie & deceive in this way, to get information regarding neighbours in the local area?

As for threatening to break your door down, who does this person think he is? Sweeney Todd or something! Lol

This is about a TV licence, which as you have stated you don't need.. (which aint a crime).

Sounds like he is all mouth & no trousers!

Sadly you can't prove or disprove his threat as it will be "your word against his word" so to speak. Can't see the Police doing anything in this case...

Hopefully he won't be back to bother you again...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

The cheeky blighter!!

Are they actually allowed to lie & deceive in this way, to get information regarding neighbours in the local area?

As for threatening to break your door down, who does this person think he is? Sweeney Todd or something! Lol

This is about a TV licence, which as you have stated you don't need.. (which aint a crime).

Sounds like he is all mouth & no trousers!

Sadly you can't prove or disprove his threat as it will be "your word against his word" so to speak. Can't see the Police doing anything in this case...

Hopefully he won't be back to bother you again...

Not allowed. But they do. Same with doorstep collectors. remember. These monkeys are comission based. Just ignore them and they cant do anything but lie.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They may do an investigation

Would I be then able to obtain documents from the Police where I can get his name (so I can track him down)?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Why on earth would they let you do that?

You won't get that information from the police in any circumstances.

However, as you have his vehicle registration, Crapita will know who he is, and, although it probably won't do you any good, you could send them a good old rant by way of a complaint. Copied to Auntie Beeb of course.

Personally, I'd go to town on them, but that's just me.

The next time the Goons come-a-knockin' pull out your phone and start videoing them. They love that lol.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 1 month later...