Replacement for ATOS announced

reallymadwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maximus is already used by the Department for Work and Pensions to carry out welfare-to-work schemes in the south-east of England.

Does any more need to be said ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Was Lima developed by Atos, I can't remember?

HB

I believe it was. The last I read was that the delay in appointing someone new was whilst DWP negotiated for them to have access to the software, but I can't find a link again now so I might have that wrong.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

iirc, Lima was originally a software package designed for American insurance companies to more easily refuse claims. No surprise it was heartily taken up by the DWP. Oh well, Maximus Profitus it is ...

iirc, Lima was originally a software package designed for American insurance companies to more easily refuse claims. No surprise it was heartily taken up by the DWP. Oh well, Maximus Profitus it is ...

Hello Rae, nice to see you here. :)

I'm wondering if this is the system that Unum USA insurance company, known to take a tough line on illness, helped to create. We're talking a few years ago since the last discussions though so I might have remembered wrongly.

HB

Edited by honeybee13
Typo.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Any one have any idea when reassessments will start up again. Like many I was due to be seen in January but have heard nothing from them. I did request information from the DWP and was sent a letter saying that assesments had been deferred (although it seems not to be the case for everyone strangely).

I imagine it might take a while before Maximus is up and running but at what point should I start to worry about my nice brown envelope dropping though the door?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yeah I saw that. A real 'Halloween horror' If ever I saw one. If that goes through I can see extreme suffering and many, many deaths ahead. :(

What the hell is wrong with these people? They really do think only of themselves don't they.

More then ever this has become a war against the sick and disabled by this bl**dy government.

Leaked documents this summer showed that ministers considered ESA - formerly known as incapacity benefit - to be "one of the largest fiscal risks currently facing the government".

Yeah, right.... Edited by honeybee13

Labour MP Dame Anne Begg, who chairs the Commons Work and Pensions Select Committee, said she would support overhauling the delivery of ESA but "did not envisage" any reduction in the value of the benefit.

"That's not reform, that is just saving money. I hope that is not something the government is going to come forward with."

And that is what it is all about - saving money. Cutting the value of ESA by comparison with JSA will obviously deter all those people who have been so stressed by the JSA regime that it's made them ill. And for many sick people it will just be easier to give up their 50p a week and keep jumping through hoops since they're not that different from the JSA hoops, but without the farce that is the WCA.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I see this has been done just in time for my ESA to not get the automatic 2 year extension, how predictable. My next ESA50 I predict is due this month. They did the suspension of WCA's 2 or 3 months after my last one.

Also I think this will be worse than ATOS, ATOS were actually allowing recorded medicals, staff were also always polite to me. I suspect one of the reason ATOS fell out with the DWP was they were even realising themselves that the WCA was wrong, and this new company has probably been more cooperative.

And that is what it is all about - saving money. Cutting the value of ESA by comparison with JSA will obviously deter all those people who have been so stressed by the JSA regime that it's made them ill. And for many sick people it will just be easier to give up their 50p a week and keep jumping through hoops since they're not that different from the JSA hoops, but without the farce that is the WCA.

There is actually no logical reason why ESA should not be directly linked to the state pension value, both are the same thing but for different age groups. Its purely political reasons why the state pension is protected so much.

And that is what it is all about - saving money. Cutting the value of ESA by comparison with JSA will obviously deter all those people who have been so stressed by the JSA regime that it's made them ill.

But in plans set out by IDS, both ESA and JSA (along with WTC, HB, and other benefits) will disappear and be replaced with Universal Credit - This will level the playing field and mean everyone will be subject to the same sanctions regime and hoop jumping exercises.

Its purely political reasons why the state pension is protected so much.

The pensioner's vote is hugely important to all parties, and is the one sector government is unwilling to pick a fight with.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Many of us would be worse off under ESA - under JSA, those on DLA / PIP, get a disability premium. You don't get this (the £30 a week) on ESA. It was a huge loss to me when I was forced to claim ESA. And then I had to wait some 20 odd weeks to get my ESA result.