Letter from Aic

tonywuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is all new to me.I received a letter from Aic one week ago stating that my ex energy supplier had passed my debt to them for the amount of £267-00 and demanded that I settle with them immediately or they would take further action to recover the money and put extra charges on top.I have been in hospital so haven't had time to reply.yesterday I received a text from them stating that my account was being actioned that day and could only be stopped by me calling them on their direct line with a reference number provided. I have no idea why my ex provider have sent these people my details and,said I owe them any money.When I switched providers my new provider told me that I had to make sure that my previous account was paid in full before they would release my account to them.I called my previous provider and was told that they actually owed me £127-00 and they would release my account to my new provider,which they did.That was 4 months ago and now,I have this AIC phoning my mobile morning noon and evening.When I try to answer and speak to them all they ask if they are speaking to me and then hang up then,yesterday evening I received the text.I have never had any dealing like this before and no idea how to handle these people,,any suggestions please.

Hi & Welcome to CAG,

Be best if you started your own thread in the Utilities section, but in the meantime, contact your previous supplier and ask how a £127 Credit has turned into a debt.

You will need a breakdown of all the alleged charges for the debt, how it is made up & calculated.

Ignore AIC, speak to your previous Supplier, if they tell you to contact AIC, stick firm & ask for Manager after Manager etc.

If AIC does ring & you do answer, refuse to go through the DPA questions, their is no legal right to speak to them, the telephone is their and other DCA's preferred point of contact so all they can do is lie, bully & intimidate you into paying as the idiot on the phone is on minimal wage with collection enhancements.

Tell them "In writing only" & hang up, do not get drawn into why, just hang up.

The letters you may receive look scary, but are just plays on words to mentally frighten you.

Also, be aware that AIC may spoof you by sometimes send a Notice of Assignment that they own the debt.

AIC did this to me & they have never purchased the debt but I have been sent a full NOA.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
replaced a "is" with a "with", one day I will get the hang of this writing lark :)

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Agree with Stigman.

Get incontact with the previous supplier

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.