Genuine mistake, police did nowt, now RLP - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would like some advice please.

I had an incident recently in a high street shop where I made a genuine mistake,

the overzealous security guard immediately called the Police who asked me to attend the station the following day to which I agreed. I

was not arrested and

they said it was voluntary that I attend.

I did attend the station and after explaining what had happened in the shop

I was told that no further action would be taken by them.

However I have since been sent a fairly unpleasant letter from RLP saying that the shop was considering taking things further

but before they do RLP would like my version of events to decide if they will pursue this.

They stated if I ignore them it would automatically progress.

Should I reply explaining what happened? ignore them? or should I return the letter saying "moved away"?

I have a lot going on in my life at the moment and need this to go away as quickly as possible

but don't intend to pay a penny so would be grateful for any advice please.

Edited by Doll10
Title was incorrect

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Take some time to read round this forum at similar situations.

Only the store themselves can take further action and if you haven't heard from them, then you can simply ignore RLP.

You have made a mistake, spoken to the police who are not taking it further - learn by this mistake and move on with your life.

You WILL receive further letters from RLP - you can ignore those as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

RLP have no investigatory powers and there is no obligation for you to help them in any way. There "investigation" will end with them telling you that you obviously have criminal thoughts and using ESP they have decided you must be punished for furure criminal activity by paying them a sum of money now.

The shop isnt considering anything, there is nothing for them to consider otherwise you would be out on police bail having been arrested at the time and that didnt happen. Ignore the silly letters the same way you would ignore begging letters from the Canadian Lottery or fortune tellers in Holland.

Thanks everyone, I had already read some other threads on the same subject but just wondered if one letter from me explaining that I didn't do anything wrong and wont be paying them a penny would put an end to their correspondence quicker than simply ignoring? or would a reply likely encourage them? thought please.

no ignore them totally

eitherway you'll get a forest of continued mirth and lies

through your door

just go read a few threads here

you'll see the letters

and know what to expect.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay I will take your advice of course (no point asking you if I don't)

I think it's disgraceful that RLP is allowed to operate as they seem to be simply bullies.

I HATE bullies and happen to think they can cause more damage to people than those who steal from shops!

I don't condone stealing and I didn't steal anything from that shop when I was stopped.

Whilst shops are entitled to use measures to protect themselves from losses if they don't wish to prosecute

and the Police don't do anything further than no one else should get involved.

I am not surprised that the security officer forwarded my details so promptly to RLP

he must have tripped over himself in doing so and was a complete $$$$ to me,

I hope one day his wife/sister/mother makes a mistake in a shop and is treated how I was treated!

Thanks again for your advice.

I'm thinking of inventing a new word: "imrlpibility" - the apparent inability of anyone to convince r l p victims to ignore and move on. Month after month after month. They don't believe us. WHY?

And even when they claim to have taken in all the advice, still they often come back with a "but" letter later. Or in one case I think about 20 "but" letters.

"But this one was from another company called Scotcall saying they . . . "

The sooner the new anti-harassment rules come into place, the better.

Sorry doll that wasn't a rant against you, not at all, just against these shameless tricksters.

because we are just mere people on the internet.

Theyve actually received a physical letter from RLP which tries to state it is in some form of authority

when infact, RLP has about as much authority as a goldfish.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

Can you give a little more detail about the mistake. You can call the item(s) 'product' to help keep things more anonymous.

Are you over 18?

Do you know the value of the 'product'?

On a more generic note, RLP will class a mistake as theft. You could try and write a letter to explain what happened but I suspect RLP will say 'they all say that'

Just because the police took no action means nothing to RLP as they need to chase people to keep their business model going.

Whatever you do, do not fall for any threats of court action. This won't happen. The same applies to the pet DCA who RLP are likely to get chasing you. Powerless.

As you get copies of the letters can you post them on the forum (suitably redacted of course) so we can all have a laugh and then pick them to pieces.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Okay I will take your advice of course (no point asking you if I don't)

I think it's disgraceful that RLP is allowed to operate as they seem to be simply bullies.

I HATE bullies and happen to think they can cause more damage to people than those who steal from shops!

I don't condone stealing and I didn't steal anything from that shop when I was stopped.

Whilst shops are entitled to use measures to protect themselves from losses if they don't wish to prosecute

and the Police don't do anything further than no one else should get involved.

I am not surprised that the security officer forwarded my details so promptly to RLP

he must have tripped over himself in doing so and was a complete $$$$ to me,

I hope one day his wife/sister/mother makes a mistake in a shop and is treated how I was treated!

Thanks again for your advice.

it will be nowt to do with the security guard fwding your info.

its a contract/franchise between the retailer and RLP - that they PAY RLP for

its done at head office level, by the parent company.

dx

and they

that's pretty much old hat now

and makes little odds.

to the amount of forest you'll get.

simply ignore them

dx

and they

As dx said. The old advice when they were issuing claims like confetti was to send the one liner. This puts the alleged amount into dispute and they have to resolve the dispute before court action.

RLP now does not do court action, so you can simply ignore it and use their letters as emergency toilet paper.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Be aware that they will try and pass off the alleged amount to a DCA. When they do this, you are almost at the end of their campaign. When this happens, come back here and we will give you a letter to shut the DCA out for good. RLP only use DCA's that deal in non enforceable debts, and these DCA's WILL lie as much as they can to get money from you.

You lot are great Thank you all so much, very glad I found this website. Any idea how many letters I can expect? They say I have 21 days to pay so nothing else will come until the middle of November, I'm guessing thiswill drag on all over the Christmas period :sad:

you wish.

there is no set time.

just ignore it all

though if you wish

and to HELP others

theres no reason why you cannot?

scan the letters up?

that way

the next person with your 'worries'

can see the MO?

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAGi

IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

I'm afraid this won't go away anytime soon. Expect 4 - 6 letters from RLP then another 2 - 3 from the pet DCA of the week. One thread I saw went on for over 8 months so I would take that as the minimum time they will keep trying it on but as you now know that RLP are impotent, you can laugh at the 'misinformation' contained in the letters

I need copies of letters received for a project I am getting going so, when you get more, please post them here

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks