Google Wallet..any one know about this

trevor33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been looking for a caravan and

came across a seller wanting to use Google Wallet for payment.

I have never heard of this before.

It seems too good to be true.

The only thing that worries me is he wants the money deposited before he will "deliver" the caravan.

He says he is in Perth, Scotland and I live in Northamptonshire.

I canntn see how he can deliver the caravan all that way at no cost to me.

I think this may be a [problem].

Any comments please.

I have Googled it and it seems that it is for the American market. It gives you 10 days to accept or reject the goods. Only when goods accepted is the money released to the seller. Still not sure about depositing my money in an account that I know nothing about.

ActionFraud reported use of GoogleWallet in car 'problems; http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Ask yourself why the seller is wanting to use it in the UK, where it has not been released. Suggest you use a reputable Escrow service, or only pay upon delivery.

If they insist upon Google Wallet, or some other electronic method of payment, I'm inclined to think that your money will be moved on and be unrecoverable.

Google Wallet is a USA App you need to look at the Terms of Service here: https://wallet.google.com/termsOfService?type=BUYER&gl=US

Taken from their terms of service:

4.2 Getting Started with Google Mobile Wallet

(a) In order to use the Google Mobile Wallet, you must be a resident of the United States.

4.8 General Terms relating to the use of the Google Mobile Wallet Service

© The Google Wallet Mobile Service may only be used for U.S. dollar transactions within the U.S. The Google Wallet Mobile Service does not support payments in foreign currencies.

17. Governing Law

These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of California, except for California's choice of law rules, and applicable federal United States laws. Each party agrees to submit to personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Santa Clara County, California. The parties specifically exclude from application to the Terms of Service the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group