puma85

Negotiating debt payback MMF & old Sunny PDL

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1727 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

doesn't matter who/what you pay

the defaults are there for 6yrs.

DONT GET SPOOFED

IMHO I would NEVER EVER pay MMF anything

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Yes dx I agree, but just trying to get the payment history updated on credit files from 8 to something more likeable.

It really is scandalous how they can just ruin peoples lives in such a simple but effective way, for some of us 6yrs is an awful long time and financial situations change but poor credit ratings sadly dont.

Acceptable or not the Credit Files Must be an accurate picture of the conduct of an account,

if such an account has been in default for 8 months then that's what must show,

making payments after a default has been place (especially when these are lower than that required to satisfy the default)

do not affect the fact that the account remains in default of the terms of the agreement.

The DCA/debt purchaser/ original creditor cannot be blamed for a debt being defaulted due to non payment,

a lower payment than that contractually required is a default on the terms of the agreement

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Staggering response from such a learned and respected member as yourself,

whilst I agree that expecting to just walk away from ones debts is totally unacceptable,

what I do find questionable is that the way these companies have been set up for one purpose to prey on those of us who at the time found ourselves in great difficulty and not really in position to start going over the fine detail of a contract.

My point is that I am more than happy to repay the loan and reasonable interest

but having now seen the change in attitude towards these companies supported to some extent by the FCA for example I refuse to repay fees made up to clearly line the pockets of bottom feeders like MMF.

After all they wouldn't even exist if we hadn't struggled to repay these things.

In my own case my financial situation has changed considerably for the better in 3 yrs and I can now afford to buy a new car or house

but am denied this because of the antiquated credit file system aided by the likes of MMF.

6 years is a long time to be punished over a few hundred pounds and stops many of us from finally breaking free of the debt cycle.

It would help if the whole CRA system was looked at and 6yrs reduced to say 3 in minor cases.

you are missing the point.

its nothing to do with MMF.

getting a good marker for that 'month' does bugger all to help you

or your rating.

if the debt has got a default in the debt summary

its there for 6yrs paid or not.

and will kill your credit rating.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Staggering response from such a learned and respected member as yourself,

whilst I agree that expecting to just walk away from ones debts is totally unacceptable,

what I do find questionable is that the way these companies have been set up for one purpose

to prey on those of us who at the time found ourselves in great difficulty and not really in position to start going over the fine detail of a contract.

My point is that I am more than happy to repay the loan and reasonable interest

but having now seen the change in attitude towards these companies supported to some extent by the FCA

for example I refuse to repay fees made up to clearly line the pockets of bottom feeders like MMF.

After all they wouldn't even exist if we hadn't struggled to repay these things.

In my own case my financial situation has changed considerably for the better in 3 yrs and

I can now afford to buy a new car or house

but am denied this because of the antiquated credit file system aided by the likes of MMF.

6 years is a long time to be punished over a few hundred pounds and stops many of us from finally breaking free of the debt cycle.

It would help if the whole CRA system was looked at and 6yrs reduced to say 3 in minor cases.

It's not the CRA system it's The Limitations Act, The DPA/ICO/FCA laws and regulations.

Jotty I cannot see why or what it is you want to achieve, as dx100 has said quite succinctly " it's nowt to do with MMF".

The CRA file is accurate it seem and up to date and your " dislike" of it will not assist you or change the facts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: