ESA and Hospital / Recovery

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Just a quick question. I am due in for major surgery later this year and currently clain HB and ESA (pre-ATOS assessment). My consultant says that I will be in hospital around 3-5 days and then have another 2-3 weeks at home doing very light tasks but no lifting, bending or anything as I need full rest to optimise my recovery.

Will I be able to claim any enhanced payment for this period? I know it is not vitally important as I guess, if anything, it will be a minimal amount but if the entitlement is there and after what I have contributed over the years I feel it is a right to claim it.

If there is a case for any additional claim I guess I make this based on hospital dates and a letter from my consultant outlining the full rest period etc?

Thanks all.

You should be treated as having LCWRA (that is, placed in the Support Group) for the time you are actually in hospital - obtain form Med 10 from a doctor, nurse or other authorised staff member to prove that you were an inpatient.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Many thanks, antone. Will it just be my stay in hospital that is classed as support group or my recovery at home as well? If just the stay it may be a drawn out neglible process to claim additional funds for 3-5 days and actually make things worse.