Russell Brand for prime minister..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Eh no :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

He's obnoxious/self righteous and stuck up. But you can't deny that he is very clever.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

He's obnoxious/self righteous and stuck up.

If we are honest about it, many of the current occupants of Westminster fit that description. A few of the others are clowns, buffoons, or comedians - Brand should fit right in, not that I would waste my vote on him.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I liked his quote: "If you want a comedian as a mayor of London, don't change anything!"

Yes. But this does ask this question. Do people want politicians who are 'characters' that make them stand out personality wise or do we want people who might be good at their job ? Sometimes it is difficult to have both qualities.

People like Farage because he is the man down the pub willing to share his opinion. He is not a typical politician who thinks what their advisors have told them to say. But would Farage be any good if he were given any responsibility ? It is unlikely we will ever find out.

As for Russell Brands comments, I have a lot of sympathy. I think the way politics is done is old fashioned and dishonest. There is no reason to keep the current Westminster model, when we could move to more regionalised government and a federal parliament somewhere. We need politicians who are actively working to serve the interest of ordinary people. Instead we have career politicians who like to sit in parliament just talking about various subjects, trying to serve vested interests and sometimes not even mentioning constituency issues. The House of Comments is supposed to be where people are represented, but instead it serves politicians interests and those vested interests they care about.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The idea of our political system is good, it is just the people involved that destroy it. Unfortunately, even in an event like the devolution of scotland only 80% turned out to vote. this may be brilliant compared to a general election but it really means that only 35% of the population voted yes. In the UK as a whole only 1 politician was elected by a majority of the constituents at the last election so no wonder they think they can do anything they want. We dont care enough to vote them out and the local party offices are too afraid or self interested to deselect them.

However, the regional government idea is even worse with more liklihood of corruption and favouritism. Just look at when wales voted for its form of self-government, politicos parachuted in to towe the party line, sleaze and corruption hinted at and overall a result that wasnt that of the majority by a long chalk.

Whatever happened to the old " vote of no confidence" we could use if the governing party isn't up to the job?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D