CARCRAFT WARRANTY NOT PAYING OUT -GEARBOX BUST-stating wear and tear!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contact Vauxhall and ask if it's normal wear and tear.

I don't think they'll ever admit that their gearbox only lasts 60000 miles, because they do last a lot longer.

On my previous Astra I clocked 200k miles on the original gearbox and I sold it still functional.

The rest of the car was a wreck, bu the gearbox was still perfect.

Contact Vauxhall and ask if it's normal wear and tear.

I don't think they'll ever admit that their gearbox only lasts 60000 miles, because they do last a lot longer.

On my previous Astra I clocked 200k miles on the original gearbox and I sold it still functional.

The rest of the car was a wreck, bu the gearbox was still perfect.

Thanks King12345

I have contacted vauxhall and they did tell me that their gearboxes are not expected to be showing ANY signs of wear and tear at 60,000 miles .

They told me to contact the Office of fair trading - I have and they've took all the info and want me to contact them as soon as I hear back from the review team.

I was not intending of putting this on here until then but after my visit to the showroom yesterday and speaking to the manager he was not at all bothered about this being made public!

Edited by Shazco216

Thanks King12345

I have contacted vauxhall and they did tell me that their gearboxes are not expected to be showing ANY signs of wear and tear at 60,000 miles .

They told me to contact the Office of fair trading - I have and they've took all the info and want me to contact them as soon as I hear back from the review team.

I was not intending of putting this on here until then but after my visit to the showroom yesterday and speaking to the manager he was not at all bothered about this being made public!

They just want your money!

They believe they have enough safeguards written in that will allow them to get away with it.

'ALL' warranties are a rip-off and I challenge any company to dispute this.

Thanks King12345

here

Excellent.

Talk to them again and get this in writing.

Then you have them.

Edited by Conniff
Typo

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi,

Just want to let you know that a letter was sent to the OP on Friday evening, this should be with them today/tomorrow.

The letter is a decision from a review that has been carried out.

Thanks

Linzi

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Conniff,

If the customer wishes to post the letter on here once she has received and read it then this is entirely up to her.

Thanks

Linzi

Conniff,

If the customer wishes to post the letter on here once she has received and read it then this is entirely up to her.

Thanks

Linzi

Thankyou Linzi and conniff

I will post on here when I receive it

please redact it mind!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I removed a part of your name as it's not wise to put that in a public forum. They will have it in the email they received.

So are they now saying it is the driveshaft and not the gearbox ??

It doesn't really matter what the problem is, just fix it and get her car back to her please.

So are they now saying it is the driveshaft and not the gearbox ??

Conniff

- they sent me a letter saying that the warranty would pay half as a " goodwill gesture "

I paid them &£635 last Monday - said if have my car back thurs or Friday latest!

Rang them today and

when they said the driveshaft may have gone as there's still a noise, when they put it back together .

Feel like this is one bad dream !

Looks like I'm going to be walking to the food bank with my two babies this Christmas

- thanks carcraft !

Are you recording these calls ?

I've just had a call it's not the driveshaft it's the gearbox still making noise !

Didn't record because I was expecting them to tell me to pick it up , however I am writing everything down!

Waiting for Linzi or customer services to get back to me . I want compensation or a refund I've been off the road for 3 and a half weeks now.

You 'must' write to them and do it by special delivery giving them a date no more than 7 days ahead telling them you want the car back by that date 'Fixed' and that you are making time of the essence.

Add that if the car is not returned by that time you require a full refund within 24 hours, no bull about we have 30 days because they don't.

Are you recording these calls ?

I've just had a call it's not the driveshaft it's the gearbox still making noise !

Didn't record because I was expecting them to tell me to pick it up , however I am writing everything down!

Waiting for Linzi or customer services to get back to me . I want compensation or a refund I've been off the road for 3 and a half weeks now.

You 'must' write to them and do it by special delivery giving them a date no more than 7 days ahead telling them you want the car back by that date 'Fixed' and that you are making time of the essence.

Add that if the car is not returned by that time you require a full refund within 24 hours, no bull about we have 30 days because they don't.

Thanks conniff

- they sent me a letter saying that the warranty would pay half as a " goodwill gesture "

This is what our Boss thinks of Gestures of Goodwill:

Gesture of goodwill??

This is a nasty put-down that companies use when they know that they have been caught out and they have no choice but to try and buy you off with some token payment in order to avoid further trouble.

'Gesture of goodwill' means that you have won but the company wants to try and retain control and make you feel grateful.

The fact is that 99 times out of 100, the company is doing no more than they should have done under the contract anyway.

'Gesture of goodwill' is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Customer Service today.

The reality is that these companies need your goodwill: you don't need theirs.

As long as companies continue to try to compensate their customers as a 'gesture of goodwill', customer service will never improve. Companies will always act defensively against their customers.

It is the customers who should be accepting offers of compensation as a gesture of goodwill towards the company - and the company should be grateful to earn and to retain the goodwill of their customers.

This is what our Boss thinks of Gestures of Goodwill:

Oh - I totally agree, they should have paid all of the repair . they ( drive happy ) like to seperate themselves from carcraft and vice versa , I have been sold a car that has not satisfied my consumer rights by not lasting a reasonable length of time . I am going to see my MP about carcraft reimbursing the £635 that I have paid . They have a responsibility too ! My MP said that he is going to do something about this!