need some advice please.

craggywaggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello.

i will give the short version of my problem, if you would like the full one, let me know :-)

okay, bought goods online from scan computers to build a complete gaming pc for my son. used finance company to buy them.(buy now pay 9 months) received everything on 8.10.2014

the motherboard was faulty, no usb ports would work, and that was the only problem.

sent the motherboard back, told me it is damaged beyond repair, won't replace or refund, and literally told me to get stuffed. that's the short version.

so who do i take to the county court, is it equal liability with the finance company and scan, just scan or the finance company.

scan seem to think the sale of goods act don't apply to them, finance company said they will investigate it, which will probably take a while.

with the evidence i have got, i believe i would stand a very good chance in court.

for example, i have an email saying they were going to replace/refund and this had been authorised.

i have one guy admitting in a email that he changed the reason for return to "no display" and said i did not tell them about the usb ports.

saying it's irrelevant that he did that, well i think it is relevant.

also i have proof the communication i sent them states that the only problem was the usb ports and that everything else worked fine.

so, do i wait for the finance company to contact me before i issue a letter before action.

they sent the board back, i was going to refuse it but thought better not, it actually might belong to the finance company.

any advice would be appreciated on this matter, and thanks for reading.