style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My colleague has been given a letter inviting him to a meeting to investigate 1) Inappropriate conduct and 2) Breaching of company confidentiality. He has asked what inappropriate conduct and what breach of company confidentiality he is supposed to have committed but they are refusing to tell him and he cannot think what it could be. He wants to go into the meeting forearmed with the information so he can defend his position.

Can the company withhold this information before the meeting? It means he goes into the meeting very much on the back foot.

Would be grateful for any help on this. Thank you.

He needs to attend the meeting and ask the question, He need to ask them to put in writing, he's not obliged to answer the questions as he has the right to representation and legal advice.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

this is the investigation meeting. They aren't going to tell him in advance, because that lets people prepare convincing lies!

It's not a disciplinary yet. It may not become one if the investigation finds nothing happened.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Wait

OP says INFORMAL meeting not a FORMAL one

I would of thought an investigatory would be FORMAL.

representation at investigation depends on union partnership agreements and/or company policy. Its not manditory

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Wait

OP says INFORMAL meeting not a FORMAL one

I would of thought an investigatory would be FORMAL.

nope.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!