BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Don't think you have to inform Universal Credit of the Small Business Grant Scheme.  Reason is that it is supporting the business via local authorities, which is why it has been paid into a Business account.  It is not the same as the sell employment grant being paid out from June 2020, which is going to be treated as earnings for Universal Credit purposes.   DWP are updating the following linked page with any Coronavirus information related to Universal Credit.   As you will see the Small Business Grant Scheme is not noted.   https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/   You mention the Business is hers and why should you be affected.  Under Universal Credit, as a couple living together, your claims have been linked together as a benefit unit ( you don't have any choice, couples who live together have to have linked couple claims).  When UC issues the statement, it will be both of you as a benefit unit.  Therefore all of your joint information will affect how much UC you receive.  For example your state pension will appear as another benefit deduction, so will affect how much you receive as couple claimants.   Have a read of the Understanding Universal Credit website if you need more information on the benefit.
    • Hi  I do apologise as I don't know where to put this question.   My wife is self employed and her business is closed to to Covid 19. She has lost all future bookings  and has no earnings. I am retired with a State Pension. We have applied for Universal Credits which has been granted - payment middle of April , so that's great. We applied for the Small Business Rates Grant - £10,000 to help with business expenses - she intends to open trading again  ASAP, and there are obviously supplier contracts and services that need to be paid for, plus we modernised premises this year ( as we had lots of bookings) and our personal Credit Card debt is approx £9500.   To my surprise they have granted this and are paying money into her business account.   I know we would have to notify Universal Credit about the Grant, but would she still be entitled to U.C payments? The business is hers , so I presume I am still eligible for U.C   Many Thanks thedrunkenmonkey
    • Neighbour who has garden at end of mine (fence to right as they look down their garden but crosses various gardens as I look down from my house) is requesting that I repair a damaged fence as her dog keeps coming into my garden.   Am I responsible to repair it (my part of fence)?    I have looked at various websites but not very clear.   Neighbour said they erected and put up a fence to their left as they look down their garden but stressed that I was accountable for part of fence to the right.   Thank-you for looking at would appreciate any guidance for confirmation.    
    • Are you or do you wish to use the vehicle until we succeed with arguing and you succeed in VT?
    • Hi I hope all are ok in these trying times. I assume most of us will be in the same situation with employment etc.   I am obviously still intending to follow through my complaint against MB. However I do have to make decisions as I have found myself as will most people at this time left with a reduced minimal income, with all I can forsee is an impending up hill struggle for the forceable future.   So not sure what, if any options I still have, I am presuming VT was only an option earlier on and a court CO excludes that option,    I cant continue to honour the finance payments and cant even begin to estimate any timescales I would be again financially stable.   im trapped but want, no I need to get rid of MB all together, they can have the car and I learned the expensive way!   MB recently emailed a letter (which is copied below) in it they refer to a recent termination, this is the part that is very confusing as its my understanding they terminated the agreement in March 17.   They also inform they have placed the collections on hold, but then heres the cheeky bit, they do however want me to store the vehicle, tax and insure it, as per the agreement (the agreement that they already state was terminated) until they continue with their collection process;   Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic currently affecting the UK and wider world, we’re emailing to update you on what will now happen regarding the collection of your vehicle, following the termination of your Moneybarn vehicle finance agreement.   We won’t be collecting the vehicle at this time Normally, following termination of your agreement, we would arrange for an inspection and collection of the vehicle. However because of the current Government imposed lockdown, we are not currently able to collect vehicles until further notice.   What will happen next? Nothing for the moment. We’ll contact you as soon as there are any developments in the Government’s stance and we know that we’re able to resume our normal vehicle collection activity.   What do you need to do? We would appreciate if you can please keep the vehicle taxed and insured for the time being, as per the terms and conditions of your finance agreement. We hope this information is helpful and clear. Please stay safe and well, and if you need to contact us with any questions, please check out the latest information on the best way to reach us at   So they state termination, then expect to lay down instructions for me to comply with as per my finance agreement T&Cs. To look after the vehicle that they do intend to continue collection of.   If everythings terminated and in other words I have no right to the vehicle, Im not prepared to comply with instructions in line with a non existent agreement (I dont have to) and have a good mind to charge them storage.   However l would much rather just leave the car, send off V5 to change ownership and be done with it and concentrate on getting justice for their mistreatment.   
  • Our picks

pstringy76

debt from germany being chased up in England

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have received a letter from interum justitia saying that i owe just short of 4000euros to citibank in germany...... now i did have a loan off citibank whist i was living in germany but i fully repaid this this via direct debit and finished paying this loan off around 14 years ago......... i have told the debt collection company this and they say they are getting some paperwork from citibank to pass on to me...... i have emailed my old bank in germany who say they only keep account info for 10 years so i cant prove that i have paid......any advice what i can do?

I would think it might be worth looking what their statute of limitations is. 14 years ago ?

It would have been well statute barred in this country.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Germany

• The standard limitation period is 3 years. It applies to all claims in contract and in tort if not otherwise provided in statutory law or case law.
  • 10 years for claims for the transfer of the ownership of land and the creation, transfer or cancellation of a right to a plot of land.
  • 30 years for claims for return of property duly owned.

The limitation period starts running from the end of the year in which both:

• The claim arose.
  • The claimant obtained knowledge of the circumstances giving rise to the claim and the identity of the defendant.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So even if you left a debt behind, it should have been subject to limitations law many years ago and could not be enforced now.

If I were you I would write back saying that you deny that there is any debt. The only debt you had in Germany was paid off more than 10 years ago and even if there was a debt, it would be subject to statute of limitations law of Germany. Suggest to them that they have been sold a debt that does not exist or is not enforceable and you do not wish to be contacted again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So even if you left a debt behind, it should have been subject to limitations law many years ago and could not be enforced now.

If I were you I would write back saying that you deny that there is any debt. The only debt you had in Germany was paid off more than 10 years ago and even if there was a debt, it would be subject to statute of limitations law of Germany. Suggest to them that they have been sold a debt that does not exist or is not enforceable and you do not wish to be contacted again.

broadly this – except I would give them less information and I wouldn't tell them about any debt in Germany. A simple denial and asked them for evidence or else you don't want to be contacted again and that you will complain if they do

cheers guys....... i will get a letter sent to them asap and see what they have to say....... it just really annoys me as i know i left germany with no debts........ i was still in germany for a further 2 years after paying off my loan so i have no idea where this has come from....