Vodafone debt with termination fee now with Scotcall 8350027

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

At a previous address I lived at,

the tenant received a letter from Vodafone on 11 Aug stating an outstanding balance of £652.03 had been transferred to Lowell Portfolio l Ltd.

Outstanding call charges/line rental of £199.48

Early termination Fee: £452.55

They received a letter from Lowells the same day,

nd there had been nothing from Vodafone prior to this at that address.

I have been overseas for 3 years now.

Before leaving the UK for Greece I spoke to Vodafone and requested that I transfer my contract to Vodafone Greece.

They said it wasn't possible as it was a different company.

I sent in a termination letter.

I should have done something about this as soon as the letter from Vodafone/Lowells came, but have been busy with work.

The tenant of my previous address has now received a letter from Scotcall of Notice of an impending debt collection visit.

Apparently Lowells passed it off to Scotcall.

The tenant is understandably upset at this, and fearful of credit issues.

I dispute the early termination fees, which seem exorbitant given I had no choice, and tried to transfer my account.

I am happy to accept the outstanding line rental/call charges, and would have paid them if I'd ever received a letter from Vodafone at the time.

What should my next steps be?

I am in France currently, and need to stop Scotcall from harassing the tenant of an address I don't actually live at.

I would like to pay my outstanding debt, but dispute the termination fees.

Should I email Scotcall, and send them a letter regarding the fact that I am disputing the debt with Vodafone,

along with informing them that they should stop harassing people who are not me, at an address i don't live at?

I have just emailed the Vodafone address listed in this forum, no automated response yet but when I do hopefully the Vodafone rep (Lee?)can advise me?

UPDATE: Just got email back from Vodafone with #8350027 appended to the subject. Assume this is the reference?

Edited by gloomferret
Vodafone reference received

tell your friend not to worry about snotscrawl

ignore their sily threats

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

and rarely bother to put their dirty mac on to go out in the rain.

as for the 'debt' harming 'him' or the 'address'

that's an old wives tale.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, I'm of that opinion, but he is a bit of a worrier, and I feel obliged to resolve it at least to the point that they stop threatening to turn up on his door. I'd be fine if they turned up at my door, but don't think they will be doing overseas collection any time soon.

Lee got in touch with me via email early this week, but I didn't receive a call from him after giving him my number, so am still at the same point.

Scotcall are emailing me now. Not sure how they got my email address.

I just want to find out if I can pay Vodafone the line rental I owe. I dispute the ridiculous termination fee. Anyone else had any luck dealing with Vodafone over these termination fees?