Charge Notice received yesterday from TPS but ive never been to the car park HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

1st post hoping for some help

Yesterday I received a Charge Notice from TPS saying:

Reminder

Having checked the vehicle details with the DVLA we are writing to you because either you were the registered Keeper at the time of parking or the registered keeper has named you as the driver at the date and time a Parking Charge Notice was fixed onto the vehicle after having breached the following parking terms and conditions.

The driver was observed leaving the site whilst the vehicle remained parked on the premises at Halfords, Harrow, Greater London

On 21/9/2014 at 16.30

They are asking for a payment of £90 within 28 days from the date of notice served

They also state the discount period has now expired therefore the full Parking Charge Notice amount of £90 is due

The trouble is I have never been to Halfords in Harrow anytime and definitely wasn't there on the date or time stated.

They have my car reg correct but the vehicle model is wrong!

Help guys what should I do when it clearly wasn't my car

Ok, they are allowed to issue a notice to the keeper of the vehicle between 28 and 56 days after the issue of ticket applied to the vehicle. As they appear to have got the wrong vehicle details you appeal to the company to cancel the charge saying that the vehicle details they have supplied are wrong and you deny your vehicle was there at that or any other time and you require proof in the form of photographs of the vehicle parked as described as proof or it will be taken by you as a matter of harassment as both a criminal offence and civil tort.

As for their claim of oweing money due to the driver leaving the site then VCS v Ibbotson has decided that such a claim is rubbish so no monies would ever be due anyway. Let them know that as well.

When you have sent off that letter write to Halfords head Office with a copy of the TPS demand and your reply and complain about their behaviour and say that any further harassment by TPS will result in Halfords being named as a party to any action you take.

Is there any draft letter on the forums I could use don't want to miss anything out or admit to something I haven't done also should I be sending this letter recorded delivery so I know they receive it

Is it not ok to do it online via their parking appeal website?

Thanks

Is there any draft letter on the forums I could use don't want to miss anything out or admit to something I haven't done also should I be sending this letter recorded delivery so I know they receive it

Is it not ok to do it online via their parking appeal website?

Thanks

No draft/template letters as each situation is unique.

Use ericsbrothers' post as the base of your response and if you wish, pop it up on your thread before sending so it can be proof read and amended if necessary.

Yes, you should use either Recorded or Special Delivery to ensure you have proof your response to them has been signed for.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Does anyone recommend I goto their appeals website first to look at any photographic evidence?

Just in case someone has cloned my number plate?

Nothing wrong with checking. If as you say your vehicle was not there, the pic could well prove it so you could possibly download a copy.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Yes, look at their website but I would suggest that you post your appeal as there are various methods of proving you sent it. Just a Prrof of Posting, available for free from the post office counter will do. The law says it is deemed to have arrived 2 days later so you save yourself the RD charges.

I bet their ANPR has misread the plate and the details they sent are the ones the DVLA have sent them so a closer match than reality.

Thanks Guys

Here is a draft of the letter I am going to send would you change or add anything

Thanks

Total Parking Solutions Ltd

Parking Control Department

PO Box 7135

Kettering

NN16 6BP

31/10/14

Ref: Parking Charge Notice Number: **********

Dear Sir/Madam

I received a charge notice for the sum of £90 from TPS dated 21/10/2014 and copy enclosed stating that my vehicle was parked up at the premises of Halfords, Harrow Greater London on 21/09/14 at 16:30 and the driver was observed leaving site whilst the vehicle remained parked.

The Vehicle was not at the Halfords site on the date and time you state and has never been there.

Please will you cancel the charge as the car model is incorrect as stated on your charge notice and was never there at the Halfords premises on the stated date and time.

If you wish to pursue this claim I will require proof in the form of photographs of the vehicle parked as described at the set date and time or this matter will be taken by me as harassment.

That will do for now, parking companies are not very good at admitting they are wrong so you may well get a rejection of your appeal on the grounds that their employees are never wrong. Dont worry if this happens as it will cost them when you appeal to POPLA and thye will be made to look stupid as well.

• 2 weeks later...