Another noobie - HSBC charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

A work colleague has successfully claimed back about 1.5K worth of old bank charges, and so I obviously intend to do the same.

I had problems with the HSBC which really came to a head while I was six months pregnant, which was nice. I now only use the account by paying into it once a month the money that will be paid straight back out to cover the loan I had to take out to cover all my debts.

I've got most of my old statements but only going back about two or three years, so I will write to them and get the info I need. I think I can go back six years, is that correct?

I've never done anything like this before, so am confused but taking it one step at a time. Wish me luck!

Hi Piper

First of all read for a while so you understand what is involved and that you understand it a bit better while you wait for your info.

You can get all the information they hold on you with the DPA SAR and a MAX fee of £10.

Start with the FAQ's and the step by step and you will see what you need to do and in what order and all the links to letters are in there or in the bank templates library.

Also have a good read of the HSBC forum and you will see how others are doing with this and see what the bank will do in return to slow you down.

When you are ready start your own thread in there and we will all help you and support when needed.

Good luck:)

welly;)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.