• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Work not done and now got a ccj

streetlegal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

12 months ago we bought a vehicle for the company.

we knew it needed work to bring it up to mot standard and make it serviceable so we took it to our usual hgv garage.

we have used this garage regularly for the last 5 years and have never had problems but this truck took a month before we got it back as they were busy.

we got the truck back and took it for mot.....it failed. this mot cost us £138 for the truck.

we returned it for further repairs and took it for a re-test at another £78 retest fee.

other work not completed....

no fuel gauge

no hydraulic fluid in external tank

steering wheel not straight (obscuring view of speedo)

auxilary lights not working

headlamp aim (mot fail)

siezed pins and bushes in equipment

front fog lamps not working

no 12 volts for radio etc

no greaseable parts were greased (when other mechanic greased everything it was full of OLD black grease)

tacho graph not calibrated

fuel and oil filters not replaced (photo evidence)

initialy we made an upfront payment OF £500 expecting the bill to be approximatly £1000 maximum as it seemed there wasnt much wrong with it.

a further £400 was paid around the time we collected it. a month later we recieved a bill for £1800 !!!!!!! charging us for wiper blades we supplied and fuel filters that were never fitted :mad2: at this i refused to pay any more.

the total labour charge was for 28 hours !!!!!! about 20 hours more than required accourding to 2 other mechanics.

we responded to court papers within the correct time frame but due to other reasons we didnt get the defense and counter claim in on time (i did ring northampton and they said if we got the docs emailed over before 4pm it would be processed) the next day i got a notice of judgement from the garages solicitor.....before i even got the notice from northampton.

what (if any) are the chances of this getting set aside? how do i appeal this decision ? can i make a counter claim still ?

Edited by streetlegal
spelling

Did you email the documents and how long ago was the judgment?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Recent then. That's good. I'm going to move your thread to legal issues so the guru's there can help you. :)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Comments from andyorch:-

Chances are very good ..they have proof they met the 4.00pm deadline..they have proof they have suffered loss...they dont state the time lag between when the defence was due and when they rang CCBC ...assuming it was the same day then they should make application on the
N244
link3.gif
ASAP.

Your chances of success are excellent. Begin the set aside process immediately. Follow the set-aside link here to see how it's done.

Bettors know if you need any help with drafting any documents.

If they will not agree to the set-aside then your grounds for the set-aside are that you have an good chance of success if you are permitted to defend.

It will help your application enormously if you can prepare a draft defence.

However, you better make sure that you prioritise the deadlines in this. There is no place here for "for other reasons". You have seen what happens if you don't do the job properly.

your inbox is full

Your chances of success are excellent. Begin the set aside process immediately. Follow the set-aside link here to see how it's done.

Bettors know if you need any help with drafting any documents.

If they will not agree to the set-aside then your grounds for the set-aside are that you have an good chance of success if you are permitted to defend.

It will help your application enormously if you can prepare a draft defence.

However, you better make sure that you prioritise the deadlines in this. There is no place here for "for other reasons". You have seen what happens if you don't do the job properly.

Post it up here streetlegal.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We wish to respectfully apply for the current judgment against XXXXXXX to be "set aside" and full leave to file a defence.be granted on the basis that we were understanding that the legal time frame would be the same as dealing with many other government organisations in that it would be "WORKING DAYS" and as such we have fallen upon a time-out situation.

We are making this application with this in mind and the fact that we feel after seeking legal advice we have a very strong defence to the claim and consider that it would be in the interests of Fair and proper justice that the judgement be set-aside and that we be allowed to present our arguments.

Further to the above information we must inform yourself that another issue causing the delay in filing our defence was the difficulty in contacting Mr XXXXX the HGV mechanic that resolved our issues with the vehicle at the heart of this matter.

Since he has closed his buisness he has also moved home twice and this has caused great difficulty contacting MrXXXX for his supporting Statement.

May I also add the fact that i have tried over many months to contact XXXXXXXXX, to ask him to explain the excessive labour charges (28 hours) on our invoice.

My other estimates recieved were in the region of 8 to 10 hours maximum for the same work, some of the work i must point out was not done.

Defence and Counterclaim

We have used the services of XXXXXXXX for the last 5 years without issue and during this time we have had a "friendly" account with the same, and we have always paid for his services.

During october 2013 we purchased a replacement recovery vehicle and delivered it to XXXXX, prior to purchase it was inspected by myself and my buisness partner and we agreed that although it was running and driving it should have an inspection/ and a few remedial repairs.

With the price paid being representative of its condition we bought it and asked XXXXXXXX carry out these repairs and to bring it upto a serviceable and M.O.T. standard with an estimate of £800 including the tachograph calibration and mot test.

We would expect the final bill to be no more than 15-20% extra or for the claimant to contact us if he thought the estimate was going to be double. he did not.

Having considered the final bill and gained opinions we feel we are being overcharged to say the least, given his reluctance or inability to explain or justify the 28 hours labour he is trying to charge us for.

Some items on his invoice were supplied by us and we can supply supporting invoices.

we have photographic evidence and a statement that the fuel filters on the invoice were never fitted and caused a fault with the vehicle which caused further expense to us.

When presented for the M.O.T. test it failed due to work that XXXXXXXX had not done.

Edited by streetlegal

Without seeing the particulars of claim it's difficult to comment in the defence. Also you've put "defence and counterclaim", but there only appears to be a defence.

We wish to respectfully apply for the current judgment against xxxxx to be "set aside" and full leave to file a defence be granted on the basis that we were understanding that the legal time frame would be the same as dealing with many other government organisations in that it would be "WORKING DAYS" and as such we have fallen upon a time-out situation.

We are making this application with this in mind and the fact that we feel after seeking legal advice we have a very strong defence to the claim and consider that it would be in the interests of Fair and proper justice that the judgement be set-aside and that we be allowed to present our arguments.

We first contacted Northampton county courts on 15/10/2014 @14:00 and were advised that if we emailed the defence/counter claim over before 16:00 it would be processed, we have since found out that this did not happen.

Further to the above information we must inform yourself that another issue causing the delay in filing our defence was the difficulty in contacting Mr xxxxx the HGV mechanic that resolved our issues with the vehicle at the heart of this matter.

Since he has closed his buisness he has also moved home twice and this has caused great difficulty contacting mr xxxxx for his supporting Statement.

May I also add the fact that i have tried over many months to contact xxxxx, to ask him to explain the excessive labour charges (28 hours) on our invoice.

My other estimates recieved were in the region of 8 to 10 hours maximum for the same work, some of the work i must point out was not done.

Defence and Counterclaim

We have used the services of xxxxx for the last 5 years without issue and during this time we have had a "friendly" account with the same, and we have always paid for his services.

During october 2013 we purchased a replacement recovery vehicle and delivered it to xxxxx, prior to purchase it was inspected by myself and my buisness partner and we agreed that although it was running and driving it should have an inspection/ and a few remedial repairs.

With the price paid being representative of its condition we bought it and asked xxxxx carry out these repairs and to bring it upto a serviceable and M.O.T. standard with an estimate of £800 including the tachograph calibration and mot test.

we got the truck back and took it for mot.....it failed. this mot cost us £138 for the truck.

we returned it for further repairs and took it for a re-test at another £78 retest fee.

We would expect the final bill to be no more than 15-20% extra or for the claimant to contact us if he thought the estimate was going to be double. he did not.

Having considered the final bill and gained opinions we feel we are being overcharged to say the least, given his reluctance or inability to explain or justify the 28 hours labour he is trying to charge us for. we would like to counter claim on the excess 20 hours @ £900.

We also consider payments made so far to cover all costs and so would agree to "let things stand" as they are to avoid any further costs to xxxxx

Some items on his invoice were supplied by us and we can supply supporting invoices.

we have photographic evidence and a statement that the fuel filters on the invoice were never fitted and caused a fault with the vehicle which caused further expense to us.

Many thanks for your co-operation in this matter

THATS WHAT I SENT IN THE END

SO HERE I AM SAT BACK HAPPILY IN THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE SENT MY DOCUMENTS IN...........

I rang Northampton today to make sure it was received........NO IT HAD NOT

advice to anyone else sending emails........look for the AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED "bounce back" reply and if you dont get one then send each page individualy as you WONT get a bounce back telling you the message was too big like lots of other organisations do

got a letter today transfering the case to a court near the company claiming on there behalf.

does this mean my n244 is working or is there more to this yet ?

does the claimant get copies of my defence ?

basicly what happens next and in what time frames

Edited by streetlegal
spelling

Yes it is but the hearing should be at your local County Court not theirs assuming you are defending as a Litigant.If you have provided a defence with the application then yes they will have had a copy.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

update....

spoke with northampton and was advised it was a clerical error and papers recieved a few days ago have it listed this wednesday at our local court.

i dont know weather to get excited yet but today got a letter from his solicitor advising that they are no longer representing him !!!!

You can't be complacent but I agree with f16.

There will be may be 3 or 4 court rooms.

As you enter you will have to empty your pockets and go through security.

You the check in with the Court ushers to let them know you are there.

There will be a "listing" note on the wall with the cases to be heard that day and the order they will be heard.

In the Court there will be one Judge (Magistrate).

He will have read the file and ask both parties to explain their position.

The questions will be addressed to the "Claiment" first

Then you will get the chance to respond.

Take a note pad and pen to write down any relivent points.

Take your documentation so you can prove what you are sayng is the truth.

Stay COOL

You will be fine :-D :-D :-D