Received a £36 bank charge form HSBC today!

scott808
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my claim for £760 off a week ago, and guess what, today I received a charge for £36. What has annoyed me more about this one than any one of the others is that they didn't just change the rules on me like they have been doing every six months or so since i have been with them, but this time the had even put in their letter to me about my claim for unfair charges that they are now charging £25 each time my account goes over, and up to £125 a month!

It looks like they may have set themselves up for the fall this time. So does anyone think a letter to them before the money if taken out of my account can get it quashed without having to go through the claims process again?

You can try these tactics from my previous incarnation. It does seem long-winded to run the whole process again, so a pre-emptive strike is always worth a shot. It worked for me, it has worked for others, so give it a go and good luck...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Right, well you could try sending them a secure message asking them not to take it as you will just claim it back again, but I doubt they would listen.

Just add it on to your claim once you get to MCOL stage (if it gets that far!). If they send you a full settlement offer after your LBA that you've just sent, then reply stating you will only accept if they also add on this charge.

Dani

Hi pheonic, I just tried the link and it didn't work?
Sorry - try it now...not quite sure what went wrong then...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.