CCA question

ar1607
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a question regarding a CCA letter I sent in May 2009.

I had a bank loan which I stopped repaying in July 2008 which means it's been SB now for a few months. However in May 2009 I sent a CCA letter which didn't specify that I do not acknowledge the debt (template I sent below). Does that mean it can constitute as contact and acknowledgement of debt? It would mean I still have til May 2015 before it becomes SB.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEMPLATE LETTER REMOVED

Edited by theoldrouge
template letter removed

If the dates are indeed correct then it should be statute barred

There is a template letter in the library in the debt section here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred-(update-21.04.2014)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks for your replies. that is good news.

I have not had contact with anyone since May 2008 (it was a debt recovery agency then) and haven't had any letters or calls since mainly because I've moved a few times since. Who should I send the SB letter to then? The bank I took the loan with? Or the last agency who dealt with it? The debt might have been passed around in the last 6 years.

please do not post template letters in open forum as they are for members only

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Who should I send the SB letter to then?

You send the Statute Barred letter to whoever is chasing you.

If the DCA is only collecting on behalf of the owner of the debt then you should also CC them as well.

If no one has contacted you then just keep the Statute Barred link handy so you can send in the future.

Have you checked your credit file to see if any DCA or the Original Creditor have obtained a CCJ by default at a previous address?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I checked Experian and there is nothing. My credit history is fair. I haven't applied for any credit in over 10 years though so I don't know what my true credit rating is. I'm also checking with checkmyfile.com just in case.

Could I just send the SB letter to my bank? Is it necessary to have the letter sent somewhere? I have no idea which DCA is now handling it and don't know if it's a good idea to start digging..

Also how can I start rebuilding my credit?

Yes, good point and good advice :-)

No, not at the moment. I had a phone call from a DCA last summer but changed my mobile number and no one has tried to contact me since. It would be impossible anyway, I don't live anywhere at the moment as my job takes me all over the country. I was not sure if I should just leave it or if there was a procedure to follow at the end of the 6 year period. Seems I should just leave it. Thanks everyone.