Council tax summons AGAIN!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

I received a summons last year due to incorrect information given by one of the employees. I attended 'court' and asked to see the judge. 2 minutes later the £125 was waived and I was allowed to make the outstanding payment before the end of March this year. I actually paid it off in the Feb, but in the same email confirming it was paid, they found an outstanding amount from 2011. I could not remember the circumstances of this and asked for copies of the bill which was refused. I then explained that I would not be able to pay the additional £100+ pounds plus my current council tax within the time. I asked on three occasions if I could have a financial statement, to show my expenses and this too was refused, despite them saying it would be counterproductive to send a court summons. I tried to pay a little extra for a couple of months but could not manage the amount they wanted. They have sent another summons. Of course I will be going back to court again, but want to know if they should have allowed me to send in a financial statement, because clearly if I cant pay the additional amount, how am I supposed to pay the court fine too.

Hello Everyone

I received a summons last year due to incorrect information given by one of the employees. I attended 'court' and asked to see the judge. 2 minutes later the £125 was waived and I was allowed to make the outstanding payment before the end of March this year. I actually paid it off in the Feb, but in the same email confirming it was paid, they found an outstanding amount from 2011. I could not remember the circumstances of this and asked for copies of the bill which was refused. I then explained that I would not be able to pay the additional £100+ pounds plus my current council tax within the time. I asked on three occasions if I could have a financial statement, to show my expenses and this too was refused, despite them saying it would be counterproductive to send a court summons. I tried to pay a little extra for a couple of months but could not manage the amount they wanted. They have sent another summons. Of course I will be going back to court again, but want to know if they should have allowed me to send in a financial statement, because clearly if I cant pay the additional amount, how am I supposed to pay the court fine too.

The council are under no obligation to accept any arrangement other than full payment and do not have to solicit any arrangement.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am pleased to say, I had my summons cancelled. The day before my court case I rang to get some information, and found out there was an option for people struggling to pay over 12 months instead of 10. Not at any point during the 12 messages sent back and forth by 3 different advisors was this information given to me. If it had been I would have been able to manage the payments. The summons was cancelled by the person I spoke to very easily. So it can be done despite what you're told.