Un-Fair GE MONEY Mortgage Charges Advice Please

Transit Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whomever levied the penalties.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

GE still money mind?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx100uk letters have Credit Control on the bottom that is who i will send it too.

Who's credit control dept?.....GE money?

and they

It can be sent to the usual GE address in watford

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Just a quick up-date

got a reply which must be a standard first letter saying they recieved my letter and are starting an investigation and will inform me of there finding before 5th October 2016 this being eight weeks from the date they recieved my letter.

I take it i just wait and see what there finding are ????

As ever thanks for all your help its took along time to get this far but the wheels are now in motion.

Well if you used one of the library templates then it should have given a 14 day deadline, ignore the 8 weeks they state and stuck to YOUR timeframes.

If youve had no satisfactory response after 14 days + allowing an extra 2 for postage, move onto the Letter Before Action.

Again you'll find it in the library, shouldnt really need much adapting as it basically the same as the prelim with Letter Before Action as its heading, send an updated CI sheet to reflect the additional days and a further 14 day timeframe.

If this expires without a satisfactory response then its time to issue the claim, either via mcol or manually by post to ccmcc.

You must be sure you are prepared to issue court proceedings, otherwise there is little point continuing.

GE will only begin to take things seriously once a claim has been filed.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks martin for your speedy reply the template letter that i used from the library

did not have any time frames on it.

I will draft another letter from the library ensuring it does have the 14 day time fram on it

Could you give me the full meaning of mcol and ccmcc as for being prepared to issue court proceedings

i have no problems or issues with seeing them in court the sooner the better in my eyes.

The same as they were prepared to put me and my family on the street.

My apologies for the acronyms, we kinda assume people know.

MCOL - Money Claim Online- you can issue a claim this way and pay the fee by debit card.

CCMCC- County Court Money Claim Centre - Use this postal option if you dont like using online or if you qualify for fee remission via form EX160. This remission is for those on low income and benefits with less than £3000 savings, you can check with a form EX160A

Hi martin i am using the template letter dx100 gave me the details in post 43 this has nothing about time frames shall i just add another paragraph stating 8 weeks is unsatisfactory and they give me a satisfactory response within 14 days of the date of the letter do i add anything about taking legal proceedings at this point.

I will do this tonight and get in the post tomorrow

Also i cant find the letter before action.

The LBA is pretty much the same as the preliminary request for the repayment of charges, except its headed "Letter Before Action"

No need to refer to the 8 weeks they have stated, just say " Should these unlawful fees not be refunded, with interest, as per the enclosed spreadsheet within 14 days from the date of this letter, county court action will commence without further notice.

As you have already sent a request for repayment, you are now moving onto the LBA

Martin

Should i put that paragraph about the unlawful fees you sent me at the top of the letter or make it the last paragraph i am thinking they may just read it and put it to one side if i put it at the bottom thinking i have just sent the same letter ????

No that can be the final paragraph

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62246&d=1458855034

Adapt from the above, no need to post to thread, we dont need to approve it before sending

Well if they dont (and i fully expect them not to) reply positively, you need to be ready to file your N1, either via MCOL or CCMCC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi quick update

They have replied to the second letter I sent 24/8/016 (signed for the following morning 25/8/2016)

they are saying they are not in a position to tell me the outcome because I am awaiting further information in order to complete the investigation (I take it this must be in house because they have not asked me for any information).

They then say please be assured that they will try to provide a full response asap and I will hear from them in any event within the next four weeks.

I know what you have said previously do I send a letter before action or do I just go down the N1 route now without any more contact with them

Thanks

If your letter of 24/8/16 was a LBA then you move onto the N1 and file your claim, if not send a LBA

• 3 weeks later...

Hi starting to fill in the N1 Form i will submit it on line as it's cheaper too do so i have a couple of questions i am not sure on how to answer

1: Do i put the value of the claim in as it will not include court costs at this stage and may increase further?.

2: Brief details of claim? do i put claiming back unlawful charges.

3: Where or how do i sign the form? as i am doing it online and do not have an electronic signature.

4: Does my claim include issues under the human rights act 1988 yes or no?.

5: The issue date is the date i submit it online yes or no?.

6: Finally can i charge them for stress caused by them with all the constant phone calls they were bombarding us with?.

Thanks once again for your help and support

1. Value is whats in the total of the spresdsheet.

2. Yes along those lines.

3. No need to sign, just type it in the box

4. No, it does not

5. No, the court will give it an issue date once they are happy its correctly completed.

6. No, you cant include that

Martin

Adapt from the above, no need to post to thread, we dont need to approve it before sending

Is there a reason I cannot view that page or the POCs?

708-Mortgage-charges-and-other-unfair-treament-Particulars-of-Claim-template

Edited by phoenixashes

Cant see a reason as long as you have the correct program on your pc to read the type of document it is.

It may be worthwhile downloading openoffice, its free and covers most doc types.