Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2229 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would like to bring to everyone's attention what I believe is an unfair trading by Railways ( no specific company ).

To commute from Croydon (zone-5) to Canary Wharf (zone-2),

daily office going passengers have to travel via London Bridge (Zone-1),

because the direct connectivity between Croydon and Canary Wharf is poor.

The direct connectivity from Croydon to London Bridge is the only re-course for passengers

but they have to shell out extra £1020.00 per annum as London Bridge is in Zone-1.

£1020.00 /annum is a huge amount by any standard,

Someone buying a zone5-zone-2 ticket also deserves a good service as well.

After all the cost is based on zone and not on level of service.

I believe the current method is directing funds from thousands of daily travellers in an unfair way to rail companies.

Besides this, it is depriving the people of time

I have raised this with ORR (Office of Rail regulation).

I want to know if I Can take this to court?

I am willing to chase this public interest, in court, if I get advise.

ORR (and anyone else) really will not be interested.

It's not unfair trading, as you are choosing to travel via a premium route as opposed to using your travelcard on other public transport or using the limited services that do run.

Some routes like Chester to Runcorn (direct) get 5 trains per year, and takes just 30 mins, but for the rest of the year you have to go Chester-Liverpool-Runcorn which takes around 1h30 with connections. Ticket price is still the same.

If you're talking about zones, you are referring to a travelcard which is a TfL product (not a Train Operating Company one), but you really are wasting your time...

You can travel direct from West Croydon to Canada Water in 30 minutes and then it's one stop on the Jubilee. Alternatively, if you are the other end of town, you can go East Croydon To Clapham and change there for Canada Water.