• Tweets

• Thank you Bank Fodder for your reply. Il certainly do that
    • Googled it and Family Money Savers purchased the assets of Key Financial Claims, there’s also threads confirming that they have acted as agents of Key. A firm going into liquidation does not nullify a contract so whether or not you owe the money will depend on when the offer of compensation was made. I would call them in the first instance to question it, all CMCs have to record all calls now, and you can make the subject access request over the phone. The fact that it’s taken 6 and a half years doesn’t make the contract invalid. 
    • the business and assets of Key Financial Claims were bought out of administration on a going-concern basis on 10 December 2015 by connected company Family Money Savers (FMS) for an initial payment of £30,000.   addition, the company is due to receive 10 per cent of FMS' revenues from Key Financial Claims' pipeline and 25 per cent of FMS' own revenues of which the company previously received 15 per cent. ………..     pers i'd ignore them.  
    • Hi, I currently have a Court case going on against Hartley Wintney Motors whereby I am trying to reject a car under the 30-day thing, as the car broke down 29 days after I purchased it. I was notified by the Court that the Judge had ordered for it to be referred to the Motor Ombudsman for dispute resolution. TMO advised that this could take up to 6 months as they are currently dealing with cases older than mine. Yesterday, through the Money Claims portal, I had notification that HWM had made an offer. I am trying to claim back £3,100. That's the cost of the car at £2,500 + the cost of a warranty. So there offer is:  "We can pay £2500 on 23 October. You must deliver the vehicle with all keys, logbook by 23 September. If you are not agreeable, business is closing soon, and any judgement awarded in the small claims court is also unenforceable. You will then need to dispose the vehicle."   So, firstly, why should I have to return the car? It doesn't go. I would have to pay for a truck to get it back to them. If the business is closing why do they want the car? Why would I give them the car a whole month before they pay me? They could scrap the car and there goes my evidence. Is the business closing? Their website still has over 60 cars for sale. Are they just trying to force me to take their reduced offer?  I have checked on Companies House and in June they filed a notice for compulsory strike off. One week later the strike off action had been discontinued. I've also contacted TMO to try and ascertain if this offer is in conjunction with them, as I haven't received any communication from them advising the same. If my matter is still waiting to be dealt with by TMO, why would HWM just randomly make an offer, when from the beginning they have been adamant that I am in the wrong?   I would very much appreciate any thoughts from people.   Thank you.     
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

First of all, and as most people say,

I'm really embarassed of what happened but for me has been a lesson that I will never forget.

The 25th of september me and a friend of mine were in the Primark of Oxford Street

and we decuded to steal a few number of items because everybody told us that was really easy.

When we were about to exit the store, two guards were waiting for us and started to shout us.

We were obliged to go to a dark and close room on the ground floor, and we were there for ablut 1 hour & half.

It was an awful experience.

First of all, they started to say that they were going to call the police, and made us to show all of our bags.

They started to intimidate and make us feel really bad.

They said that we were caught because we acted very nerviously, and that we had a guard spying on us.

They asked for our ID, our data and were really worried about where we were living,

going to the internet to verify that our residence actually existed.

That's because we are french and we are havun an exchange program here,

in december we will go back to France (furthermore, they started to say that all french were thieves).

In total, I stoled 40£ and my friend 55£, they had a ticket of all the clothes that we tried to steal.

After that, the guards were all the time laughing and asking questions as if we had boyfriend.

They said that they wanted ti date us someday.

I had the worst time of my life, feeling unprotected and coherted of my freedom.

They said that they were going to make us a "favour" and not to call the police,

and that we were going to receive a letter in 3 weeks.

Also, they said that if we decided to not pay the police would be able to knock on our door.

Yesterday (18th October) I received a letter asking to pay 260£ in total (my friend and I).

They say they require a respone within 21 days from the date of the letter (7th October!!!!

I really don't have time to collect so much money!.

I don't kow what is the best that we can do.

I know the quantity is not disproportionate,

but I just don't have the money.

My questions are:

1) the fact that I received the letter and not my friend makes me more responsible if I ignore the correspondence?

2) are they going to take me to court if I am in another country at the time?

3) will they use my french address on my ID to continue harrassing me with letter?

4) will it affect to my possibilities to find work in uk? The letter says that probably yes

5) what is beter, ignoring or answering?

Thank you in advance for reading it, I hope I can fix this problem soon...

Edited by jurgifurri

1. No - just ignore anything RLP send

2. No - they won't take you to court in any country

3. Perhaps - but you can ignore RLP in France just as well as you can in UK!

4. No

5. Ignoring, in your case

It is these two clowns who should be afraid of the police knocking their door and arresting them!!

You can very very safely ignore all letters sent from this retail loss outfit, I promise you of that..

It is a one man band, or rather a one woman band, she sends these letters in the hope of extorting money out of people

who have fallen foul to this big con.

If they failed to call the police at the time they sexually interrogated you, then that is their problem.

And as they have got all the goods back, there is NO financial loss to the store, and there will be no police involvement, they will simply say it is a civil matter and nothing to do with them.

As you say you have learnt your lesson, you're not likely to do it again, they will send you a few more letters, threatening court action etc but you can ignore them.

I would keep in mind their behaviour too, and remind them of this fact if they are foolish enough to pursue any action against you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

totally ignore RLP

they are NOT THE POLICE AND HAVE NO STANDING AT ALL IN THE UK.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I think it is about time someone made an official complaint to the Shop owner and also to RLP head office about the disgraceful behaviour of the RLP security staff !!

Or how about an undercover journalist in order to record something similar to the OP's situation!

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the RLP do not provide security staff anywhere CB

they are in house of the store.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Senior moment, dx.. I couldn't remember the job title .. pseudo "store detectives" aren't they ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

they are yes

dx

spreadsheets 

:thumb:

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Hi and welcome.

While you have already been given all the advice I would, I happen to have a personal interest in closing this 'company' down and as they say, "Every little helps"

Are you able to post up a copy of the letter you have received minus ALL personal details or send it to me via Private Message and I will do it for you.

Did you give your address in France? If not, don't worry about RLP finding you there (especially if you are under 18)

RLP have great difficulty in finding both buttocks at the best of times :smile:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oops, saved it as a jpeg, give me a few minutes. Done. Click the picture at the top

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Case reference showing....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Case reference showing....

thanks for the heads up. Post unapproved until the OP redacts the info

I have saved on my PC a similar letter to yours. You will see that it is a generic letter with a few minor details changed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53786[/ATTACH]

Replying on thread to your PM.

Personally I would ignore them but some people need to feel proactive and feel the 'no liability etc.' letter is the way to go.

What are they going to do if you ignore them? Send more 'scary' letters. WhooHoo I am so scared (NOT)

They then pass the fictitious amount onto a debt collector who will send a few more scary letters

The DCA and RLP can do nothing more. they cannot take you to court-ever!

Only Primark can go the court route and in all my time on this forum, I have never seen one case where Primark have done so.

In other words, nothing to worry about.

There is another channel you can pursue if you have the time and inclination,

you can report the security guards to the SIA,

which is the department of the Home Office that deals with security guards, doormen etc.

The individuals have to be licenced, as do their employers so a complaint to the SIA

and a letter to Primark demanding to know their registration details will cause Primark to question

whether these people should be removed from their stores (they dont employ them personally they get a company in).

That missive is full of hot air, what a load of old nonsense, and a waste of ink!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am going through wot u are going through at the moment.

I stole back in Feb 2014 and they want alot of money for it.

They call my home number but I have changed my number now so...

They will NEVER get any money of me ... here that RLP p&^%%^ off!:mad2::-x

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)