Thinking of Doing Own DMP - Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you are paying Barclays it MUST still be active

so they MUST hold documents

something smell here - badly!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

look in the Barclays forum stickies

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks - now getting some extra stuff from Barclays

Is there a template letter to send for non-compliance of CCA1974 request - thought from some threads there was but can't find anything - pehaps things have changed ?

Tescos still have not provided a proper reconstituted agreement - did write to them a couple of times and said the agreement they provided did not comply with the CCA1974 but they have never replied to those letterrs - all I have had is chasing letters (I've stopped paying) and now threats of DCA/doorstep visit

Any advice please - not sure of best next step

its current wisdom not to chase no or un-en CCA returns.

dx

and they

Hi thanks - did wonder about that

Assume I'm getting computer generated letters at the moment and that someone will eventually look at my letters and check what they have sent to me or pehaps not!

Just been reading up a bit more on enforceability/unenforceability and some of the court cases threads and am now even more confused than before - think I'll just wait and see what happens next Thanks!

Hi thanks - did wonder about that

Assume I'm getting computer generated letters at the moment and that someone will eventually look at my letters and check what they have sent to me or pehaps not!

Just been reading up a bit more on enforceability/unenforceability and some of the court cases threads and am now even more confused than before - think I'll just wait and see what happens next Thanks!

Sadly yes, now you are in their "system", every so often the computer thinks to itself.. send letter 2 or 3 or 4 ?

It is very unlikely a "human" will look at your letters any time soon. As dx has said, it is not wise to continue asking for the CCA - once you have sent the request and perhaps one follow up or response to a letter of theirs, then it is probably best left.

How did you send the statutory fee ? Postal order/Cheque - have you confirmed if they have been cashed ?

Did you send your requests by tracked mail ? If so and it is confirmed they were received, then I guess you could send something like..

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated XYZ.

It would appear you have chosen to ignore my s78 request dated XYZ, which I know you have received as it was sent by tracked mail. Currently you are in breach of that request.

Yours etc,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

Hi

due to lack of computer access and lack of know how I have a lot of trouble trying to get stuff uploaded

so am just putting this Cap1 page on to see if is legible

Hope to start new Cap1 thread later

Hi All just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on doing income/expenditure forms as it will soon be time to do some

When I started own DMP I just followed what I did with payplan - list of income/expenditure + list of creditors & apportioned amount due to each

But since some are enforceable I have stopped paying - do I still show them as being owed? but not being paid? (but possibly might be in the future if enforceable agreement turns up)

If I don't show them - will that cause problems as it might look like they have been paid off

Just a bit confused about how to deal with this so would be grateful for any advice Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi just a couple of queries - can you claim back credit card charges more than 6 years ago - it's MBNA and the charges date back to around 1999/2000 - I am a bit confused about this - think perhaps too long ago?

Other thing is how often can you do a SAR - I seem to have lost some stuff I received - just wondered if I can get it again

Thanks very much

• 3 months later...

Hi got a thread going on Barclays defaulted loan back on credit file

Would be grateful for any advice on that thread Thanks!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452065-Barclays-Defaulted-Loan-Back-On-Credit-File

Edited by citizenB
addedlink to post

Hi All have been reading around trying to get to understand enforceability a bit more but just getting more muddled - been looking at s127, s61, s65 etc now really confused

What I am trying to work out for pre 2007 agreements is whether if creditor can't provide true copy reconstituted agreement and if it goes to court can't provide original agreement then is it automatically unenforceable (provided you defend) or does it depend on the judge on the day

Grateful for any help on how this works Thanks!

you've got the essence of it all

yes they'll need to signed agreement if they stand a chance in court

but the whole thing can be stuffed by the judge lottery game.

but to be honest that is quite rare

and they