Exploding Shower Door

Carl Norwich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would highly warn anyone about to purchase this product.

In 2010 Our Glass door exploded whilst my wife was taking a shower,

the resulting experience and scene was almost like something from a horror movie/blood bath.

She was taken to hospital with almost all of one side of her body covered in cuts and deep lacerations.

She still today bares the scars.

We were told this was almost unheard of for the door to explode as it did and countless complaints came to nothing

Due to the shape of the bath and the current way in which the bathroom was fitted, we reluctantly purchased a new door.

In October of 2014 and within 30 seconds of my Daughter exiting the shower the second door exploded.

Thank fully no injuries this time although badly shaken.

Please warn anyone you can about these doors.

A quick search of the internet will show you that there are countless examples of these doors exploding

and yet they are still available to the public to buy.

There is something very wrong with this product.

Hi Carl and welcome to CAG

Where did you source the glass door, which I assume was matched with the curved bath.

Did you fit the bath and glass door yourself; or was it installed by the supplier or their recommended fitters; or did you source your own installer.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This issue has been going on for years. My Dad had a B&Q glass shower door which exploded twice. Luckily it exploded when no one was in the room. It was outside of any guarantee and rather than spend time/energy making a complaint which would have been frustrating, he just took it to a local glass company who found that the glass fitted was not the most suitable and the way it was fitted could be improved. So they fitted some safety glass and also put something between the metal frame and the glass. Obviously with showers, the glass/frame will go hot and cold, plus people in showers can be clumsy and bag the screens. So they need to be constructed in a way that is suitable for where they are used. Instead I think they are made cheaply and the testing done would not be the same as a shower screen used by a household over a period of time.

If I were having one fitted, I would opt for a plastic screen and not glass.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread